Pit Stop Three - Lancashire

Tony B

Back from a grim IoM. It's time for this.

I'm looking after Lancashire pit stop.

The location is here. http://www.guysthatchedhamlet.co.uk - it's 100 metres from the A6 at Bilsborrow.

It's owned by Sean Wilkinson and he's agreed to annex an area of the car park for us, organise tables/chairs and anything thing else we need.

Niall who runs DMC Moto Preston will we along and will sort Ducati gazebos, tools, consumables and stuff.

Also, they'll both promote the challenge on their social media accounts.

Food and drink will be provided. Flapjack, scones, nuts, fruit, etc., etc. If anyone wants anything specific please let me know.

Google's telling me it's approx 2.5 hours from @CRM's stop. https://goo.gl/maps/opGx8k6wFuozqN5U8

Re. signage; we've been onto CRUK and they've agree to send some signs, balloons and t-shirts. Another friend of mine has agreed to make to specific LDU ones to string up along the A6 on the approach. @johnnymack63is there a logo we can use or any flyers?

@Gixand @heds954 are coming along to help, take the piss and capture images for posterity. Anyone is welcome to call down.

Here's the view from the A6

.DSC02563c.jpg.66aa2a67cbd1a3ec7280ea727560d0af.jpg

I'll take some pictures of where the signs will be placed.

If it seems like I'm going a bit over the top, it's a cause v. close to home for me.

Tony

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tony B said:

If it seems like I'm going a bit over the top, it's a cause v. close to home for me.

Tony

Not at all - i mentioned the signage earlier in the P2 post, i agree something a little more resilient than an old bed sheet flapping in the wind would be preferred. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 1:20 PM, CRM said:

Not at all - i mentioned the signage earlier in the P2 post, i agree something a little more resilient than an old bed sheet flapping in the wind would be preferred. 

This started as a pub conversation. As the best ones do...

I had a call today to say they are ready and we've dropped them of at the locations for you.

The pics have been posted up on LDU WhatsApp, but I had to share on here. I am so pleased.

The guy that made and delivered them had to be persuaded to take a pint.

Two 8'x4' and four smaller. I only asked for one recycled sign.

I''ll store them for someone to reuse next year.

20190619_154705c.jpg

20190619_154709c.jpg

• Like 8

What an absolute fucking star!!! 

ETA: Both you and the signage bloke

Edited by heds954

they look great..BUT, that a big but.

the guys will be heading from south up the A6 and heading North.... the pitstop is on the left then. The arrows point right! Am I missing something ?

9 minutes ago, Gix said:

they look great..BUT, that a big but.

the guys will be heading from south up the A6 and heading North.... the pitstop is on the left then. The arrows point right! Am I missing something ?

Hi Pat

The first right arrow will be at the exit from James Tower's way at Broughton, the other will be at the entrance to Guy's on St. Michael's Road.

See you on Friday.

Tony

P.S. There may be a few pints sunk in the evening!

2 minutes ago, Tony B said:

Hi Pat

The first right arrow will be at the exit from James Tower's way at Broughton, the other will be at the entrance to Guy's on St. Michael's Road.

See you on Friday.

Tony

P.S. There may be a few pints sunk in the evening!

spot on..knew I was missing something. See you Friday