Pre-run Spannering Facility?

SWTH

Folks, I'm currently at a loose end on Thursday 20th June. Before I book the day to do other shit, is there any interest in having a garage available in Cornwall with basic tools for any pre-run adjustments to be made? Tea on tap (supply your own coffee if you drink that filthy shit). I'm located near Perranporth, about 40 mins from LE. 

• Like 4

Even if by some miracle the jigsaw is working perfectly it would be good to pop by, say howdy and talk shite! Let us know where to haunt you? Cheers!

On 31 May 2019 at 8:10 PM, hawkati said:

Even if by some miracle the jigsaw is working perfectly it would be good to pop by, say howdy and talk shite! Let us know where to haunt you? Cheers!

I'm near Perranporth, TR4 9. If anybody does need the facilities or wants to drop by and talk shit/drink tea I can PM proper directions. 

• Thanks 2

Nicely! That's close to the wiggly route I'm aiming to do from tintagel to land's end so nay well haunt you for a cuppa, cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks, as tomorrow is the start of all this lunacy I have cleared the decks and will be around all day with a dry garage should any final adjustments be necessary. It’s only basic tools and a multimeter unfortunately, but there is a kettle and biscuits too. 

I’ve got a few things to be getting on with, but if anyone needs the garage PM me for my phone number address and directions. 

Fingers crossed everything all goes perfectly and no need for it of course....

Edited by SWTH
  • Like 2

On 6/20/2019 at 12:29 PM, SWTH said:

Believe it or not, yes! 

Actually I think I scared him off...

It was your tea making abilities wot done it!

Delighted to meet you, and glad you popped along to land's end too.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, hawkati said:

It was your tea making abilities wot done it!

Delighted to meet you, and glad you popped along to land's end too.

Yes, it was good heading down to LE. Several eBay searches have been set up for a bike for next year...  need something big. 

As for my tea making abilities, you got Jaffa cakes as well didn’t you? :D

• Like 1

Just now, SWTH said:

Yes, it was good heading down to LE. Several eBay searches have been set up for a bike for next year...  need something big. 

As for my tea making abilities, you got Jaffa cakes as well didn’t you? :D

It was always all about the jaffa cakes dagnammit! Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arran said:

Scottish borders natch!

Fuck sakes 😂

I don’t suppose you have any more details on it or a link to an advert?

IFf SWTH isn't interested then post generally as I need to take part in this madness but want to do it in the spirit of the event and not on the R1200RS but if needs must then I will

3 hours ago, SWTH said:

Fuck sakes 😂

I don’t suppose you have any more details on it or a link to an advert?

If only there was a cheap way for you to take the train to collect it....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

If only there was a cheap way for you to take the train to collect it....

All well and good if it’s a runner and fit for the journey. If not however....

9 minutes ago, SWTH said:

Or if you knew some one that worked on the trains and would let you put it in a guards van.

11 minutes ago, SWTH said:

I can collect and van it to Preston/somewhere in Cheshire.

15 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Or if you knew some one that worked on the trains and would let you put it in a guards van.

We can’t do that these days - mainly because the guards van is almost non-existent anymore, and also because we’re not allowed to carry anything other than push bikes. Petrol powered vehicles a strict no no because of flammable liquids. 

16 minutes ago, SWTH said:

We can’t do that these days - mainly because the guards van is almost non-existent anymore, and also because we’re not allowed to carry anything other than push bikes. Petrol powered vehicles a strict no no because of flammable liquids. 

Colour me surprised, my cousin is a train driver and moves entire air cadet squadrons around for free.

16 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Colour me surprised, my cousin is a train driver and moves entire air cadet squadrons around for free.

People = no problem. Things that people bring? Ah....

At my place our wanky spanky new trains are so bad for anything other than sheer numbers of passenger seated that the company has had to ban surfboards from being carried and are asking people not to being more luggage than is necessary. Of course, when a good chunk of your custom is from folk who are going on holiday to the South West, and especially those who might be going to some pokey little unknown surfing/music festival like Boardmasters in Newquay, completely ignoring their needs makes great business sense 👍

• Haha 1