Part 2 of Rutter’s lap of the TT course on the Panigale V4

johnnymack63

The dial around the rev counter doubles as the shift light. It flashes yellow first, then red. The red light above it, on the right is the rev limiter. Keep that in mind when you watch it, and the speedo has given up at 185mph. The bike keeps accelerating through the shift lights and he holds it on the rev limiter in 6th gear for long periods.

The yellow light to the left of the red rev limiter light is the traction control. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jenny Pryde said:

How do people become used to the almost inherent instability of these things? 

Its not normal is it ?

Interestingly, the only bit of the who lap that Rutter remarked on that was a bit on the edge was the shake at 1:52 in Part 2.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, johnnymack63 said:

Its not normal is it ? 

What I can't get my head around is that it's essentially a parade lap is it not?

Because racer?

Wonder what happened to v4 speciale no.108...

love be the way the mpg doesn’t get any worse than 14.1. Superb piece of kit isn’t it! 

2 hours ago, Timbo S2 said:

Wonder what happened to v4 speciale no.108...

love be the way the mpg doesn’t get any worse than 14.1. Superb piece of kit isn’t it! 

I saw 139.9 mpg a few times, I am impressed how clear the clock is too 8.57 PM clears the bridge 9.08PM parked up in the paddock :D 

Your channel just popped up on my you tube feed and didn't even know you had one. Thought I would have a check this bit out before posting it up. Could do with a decent vlog to watch if you fancy doing one @johnnymack63 

ive been round the course probably 20 times, cbr6 zx6 l300 van, rented ford fiesta. some of MRs lines looked off to me....

Jmac how much had Micky ridden the v4 before this? 

i mean flippng heck. i mean. the mans a lunatic. 

On 5/5/2019 at 3:13 PM, leighbike said:

ive been round the course probably 20 times, cbr6 zx6 l300 van, rented ford fiesta. some of MRs lines looked off to me....

Jmac how much had Micky ridden the v4 before this? 

i mean flippng heck. i mean. the mans a lunatic. 

We took it to Jurby. He did about 3 or 4 laps on it, made some very small adjustments, and that was it.

He did 2 laps on it, the first one with the suspension active, the second one with it fixed (that was the point of the feature). Honestly I can't remember which one that is. If it was his second lap, then the most mileage he would have done on the bike would have been a few laps of Jurby + one previous lap of the course. 

1 hour ago, johnnymack63 said:

We took it to Jurby. He did about 3 or 4 laps on it, made some very small adjustments, and that was it.

He did 2 laps on it, the first one with the suspension active, the second one with it fixed (that was the point of the feature). Honestly I can't remember which one that is. If it was his second lap, then the most mileage he would have done on the bike would have been a few laps of Jurby + one previous lap of the course. 

just shows ya, the boys got some skills! I had a long chat with Michael years ago at the ace cafe, such a lovely fella. He spoke about his Dad with so much admiration. he had a bit of an off yesterday? hope hes not too sore! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leighbike said:

just shows ya, the boys got some skills! I had a long chat with Michael years ago at the ace cafe, such a lovely fella. He spoke about his Dad with so much admiration. he had a bit of an off yesterday? hope hes not too sore! 

He's absolutely fine. Was a biggie in FP2 on the out lap. Another rider in front go him shut off on the run down to lodge corner. Michael hit the back of him so hard that he buckled his front wheel, but managed to stay on, until Gary Johnson ploughed into the back of him and they both went flying. His bike was an absolute mess.

If you look up bathamsracing on Twitter and/or instagram you'll see pictures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnymack63 said:

He's absolutely fine. Was a biggie in FP2 on the out lap. Another rider in front go him shut off on the run down to lodge corner. Michael hit the back of him so hard that he buckled his front wheel, but managed to stay on, until Gary Johnson ploughed into the back of him and they both went flying. His bike was an absolute mess.

If you look up bathamsracing on Twitter and/or instagram you'll see pictures.

its always a biggun when you bend the ignition key.......

an aquaintance owned the ducati made famous by the haga photo at oulton...the dash bouncing along the floor was a week old. 

• 1 month later...

If these things get any faster.... the return road is going to need to move a bit further down toward St Ninian's crossroads.

Top stuff.

Could do with a bit longer gearing.