R1 Fault Codes

Markieboy

Does anyone have a list of the fault codes for a 2003 R1? The dash is flashing 17 & 22 repeatedly

Cheers

Mark

there's no fault. that's just the clock, the time is 17:22

sorry

taxi for one!

Hmmmm, I tried to attach a PDF of the fault code table but it wouldn't let me?!? :eusa_dance:

Let's try this: -

Has a fuse blown?

Coose you're a Star!

Long story short - a mate got some numpty to remove a old alarm from his bike but now he's having all sorts of problems with it. No neutral light showing although we know it's in neutral , it'll only turn over with the sidestand up and clutch pulled in but won't start. We've traced most of the wires and worked out what they are but we're missing something...

Ahhhhh now, as it happens only the other week did I wire a friends 2003 R1-powered kit car, where some numpty had chopped off the Cyclelok connectors. That was fun, but it all works beautifully!

So, if you're stuck drop me a PM and I'll help where I can. I'd rather not discuss it on the public forum as I doubt that R1 owners would be too happy with me describing how to bypass an alarm! :icon_bounce:

Ahhhhh now, as it happens only the other week did I wire a friends 2003 R1-powered kit car, where some numpty had chopped off the Cyclelok connectors. That was fun, but it all works beautifully!

So, if you're stuck drop me a PM and I'll help where I can. I'd rather not discuss it on the public forum as I doubt that R1 owners would be too happy with me describing how to bypass an alarm! :icon_salut:

Thanks again Coose. Got the PM so we'll have another look at it and i'll let you know how we get on. This could all have been avoided if he'd had some patience in the first place and got someone who knows their stuff to sort it

• 2 weeks later...

Try Carl Salters web site... you can down load pretty much any bike workshop manual... so you could possibly find the codes in there .....

The good thing is that it is FREEEEEE

Archived