Digital gear indicator installation

Jokerdef

Hello!

I have a '06 KTM Superduke and I want to install a gear indicator.

Has anyone installed one on a Superduke or any other bike? I was thinking of bying a G.P.T 2001 model. It seems to have the

easiest setup. Cutting and installing the wires is what worries me. I have the wiring diagram for the SD, but I'm just your average Joe when

it comes to electronics. :icon_salut:

Can you help me? :eusa_think:

Hello!

I have a '06 KTM Superduke and I want to install a gear indicator.

Has anyone installed one on a Superduke or any other bike? I was thinking of bying a G.P.T 2001 model. It seems to have the

easiest setup. Cutting and installing the wires is what worries me. I have the wiring diagram for the SD, but I'm just your average Joe when

it comes to electronics. :icon_salut:

Can you help me? :eusa_think:

first off, I'm not sure what a GPT 2001 model is.

what I can say is, I didn't want to be cutting into any wiring so I went for an Acumen DG8 'plug n play' version with a bespoke loom for my early R1

IMG_3455.jpg

no messing about, dead easy to install - plug it & programming it took, ooh about half an hour from start to finish. It works a treat.

most models with an electronic speedo & tacho are covered, I'd be surprised if yours wasn't... and other colour LEDs are available

first off, I'm not sure what a GPT 2001 model is.

what I can say is, I didn't want to be cutting into any wiring so I went for an Acumen DG8 'plug n play' version with a bespoke loom for my early R1

IMG_3455.jpg

no messing about, dead easy to install - plug it & programming it took, ooh about half an hour from start to finish. It works a treat.

most models with an electronic speedo & tacho are covered, I'd be surprised if yours wasn't... and other colour LEDs are available

Thats what I'd like to use, but there is no plug & play loom for the Superduke. So the only option is cutting and connecting wires, and it sounds a bit worrying to do... :eusa_whistle:

before you do, maybe give Acumen a try

http://www.acumen-electronics.co.uk/catego...s__DG8_PD8_loom

they might be able to make a loom for you....

Ok. I sent an Email to them about a plug and play loom for the SD. And asked if it's not possible to make a loom, that they would at least make bike specific fitting

instructions for the bike. Fingers crossed ;)

I got a reply from Acumen today. Looks like I have to start cutting wires then.

We did work with a forum about making a KTM specific loom for the RC8. We had to get 50 orders to make it viable – we got 11. The truth is there just isn’t the volume of KTM sales – and certainly not the volume of KTM owners that want a gear indicator.

David Martin

Acumen Electronics Ltd

15 Glenmore Bus Park

Colebrook Way

Andover

SP10 3GQ

UK

Tel; 0870 240 3257

Fax; 01264 359933

www.acumen-electronics.co.uk

I got a reply from Acumen today. Looks like I have to start cutting wires then.

We did work with a forum about making a KTM specific loom for the RC8. We had to get 50 orders to make it viable – we got 11. The truth is there just isn’t the volume of KTM sales – and certainly not the volume of KTM owners that want a gear indicator.

David Martin

Acumen Electronics Ltd

15 Glenmore Bus Park

Colebrook Way

Andover

SP10 3GQ

UK

Tel; 0870 240 3257

Fax; 01264 359933

www.acumen-electronics.co.uk

oh well. at least they replied quickly and explained why. Get cutting those wires then!

PS gear indicators are fab< i'd be lost without one now

Archived