fitting a datatag

fastfox

Hi. Brought a datatag for me bike. what they like to fit?

Dealer wanted £100 so i brought one myself and saved £50.00.

Just abit funny about putting etching fluid on my brand new bike

Its all quite straightforward to do but can be quite time consuming depending on how you want it done,just follow the instructions.My managers think the etching should be out of sight on inner panels,i think they should be visible but discreet.best to do it at a time you can leave it stand for a while for the glue to set properly on the wheel transponders etc.Best advice i can give is squidge out the etching fluid away from your bike as it can be really watery and catch you unawares,also make sure you dab it in or 'stipple' it to the templates well as its easy for it not to settle well in the holes.

Its all quite straightforward to do but can be quite time consuming depending on how you want it done,just follow the instructions.My managers think the etching should be out of sight on inner panels,i think they should be visible but discreet.best to do it at a time you can leave it stand for a while for the glue to set properly on the wheel transponders etc.Best advice i can give is squidge out the etching fluid away from your bike as it can be really watery and catch you unawares,also make sure you dab it in or 'stipple' it to the templates well as its easy for it not to settle well in the holes.

Thanks matey

Mission completed! Yep nice and easy.

Also thought of some uses for the left over etching fluid.

Some could be smeared on speed camera lenes and (i like this one) some could be dripped into the eyes of bike theiving scum...

Mission completed! Yep nice and easy.

Also thought of some uses for the left over etching fluid.

Some could be smeared on speed camera lenes and (i like this one) some could be dripped into the eyes of bike theiving scum...

filling out the paperwork for the data tag,

One of the fields to fil out is asking me for "ignition key number"

Where do i find that?

Is it the number on the little mettle tab that came with my keys?

Archived