First Scottish Pitstop, Help Needed Chaps

jaycee

@johnnymack63It has just occurred to me that, given my twin daughters are due round about the date of the run, it is highly unlikely that I will be able to assist this year with a pitstop. I'm not ruling myself out 100%, they are likely to be born earlier than that, but I'm trying to ensure there is someone there for the poor, deranged contestants when they rattle in. 

Would anybody else localish to Edinburgh and the Borders be able to help out? 

@Pugwash and @Gobert23 have both helped in the past, could one or more of our fellow PB Scotia crowd help out perhaps?

I can think of folk's actual names, I just can't recall usernames at the moment. Jim and Bryan for starters, as you two are likely to be closer than others. 

• Like 1

I'm working this year so can't help on the day but I'll get Sooz to speak to the Maggie's staff about trying to get the Travel Lodge car park.

Be much better if it was there.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, fastfreddybikes said:

You are having twin daughters? How the fuck did I miss that? 

You clearly haven't been paying attention 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaycee said:

@Lobo, @misfit, would one of you two fine gentlemen be able to help out, or give someone else local a nudge?

Also, @johnnymack63, is this year's route still coming up through Edinburgh? 

Would like to, depending on the routeing and times 

• Thanks 1

Who else is local (ish)? @highside, too far for you maybe?

@kawaman21? Could you and Jim throw refreshments, spanners and insults at the participants for a few hours?

I'm going to try my best to be there, but I cannot commit to it with the due date being the 25th.

Twins ??? WTF !! Congrats dude.

the route will be coming up much further west than Edinburgh this year. Partly coz I’m gonna make it a fucker this year, but mostly because the A9 (i think) is going to be closed at the time of the event, and a monster detour in place.

will update with more soon, but I’m looking at a ferry option, which would lend itself perfectly to a pit stop 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, highside said:

I'm more Glasgow way and I don't know what I'm doing for certain around that time with regards work etc. Wouldn't know till nearer the time 

Well from what Johnny has just said, Glasgow(ish) seems to be where it's at this year. 

I've just spoken with my wife about it and she is happy for me to help out, as long as its not actually the day the kids are born, but I cannot definitely say I'll be out there. 

Who else is there out West @james_christ? I know you'll be away tending to Her Maj. Our favourite taxi driver seems to have fallen off the internet. Who was your buddy from Paisley/Renfrew? Was it @Supercoolnothing? Its a bit much to ask someone who hasn't been on the Forum in years. 

Who else is there? 

@andyp?

Anybody else? 

46 minutes ago, jaycee said:

Well from what Johnny has just said, Glasgow(ish) seems to be where it's at this year. 

I've just spoken with my wife about it and she is happy for me to help out, as long as its not actually the day the kids are born, but I cannot definitely say I'll be out there. 

Who else is there out West @james_christ? I know you'll be away tending to Her Maj. Our favourite taxi driver seems to have fallen off the internet. Who was your buddy from Paisley/Renfrew? Was it @Supercoolnothing? Its a bit much to ask someone who hasn't been on the Forum in years. 

Who else is there? 

@andyp?

Anybody else? 

I'm up for it if I can get time off and I'll drop @Supercoolnothing a line and see what he says.

15 hours ago, jaycee said:

@Gobert23 have both helped in the past, could one or more of our fellow PB Scotia crowd help out perhaps?

I put in for the day, just as soon as our holiday calendar was open, so I'll be up for helping again :thumbsup:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, james_christ said:

I'm up for it if I can get time off and I'll drop @Supercoolnothing a line and see what he says.

4 minutes ago, Gobert23 said:

I put in for the day, just as soon as our holiday calendar was open, so I'll be up for helping again :thumbsup:

Thanks fellas. Like I said, I have been given permission to attend if there isn't any other conflict. 

@johnnymack63, if you could give us a hint by PM of where we should look for a pitstop, that would be great and we'd keep it under our hats.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnnymack63 said:

Twins ??? WTF !! Congrats dude.

the route will be coming up much further west than Edinburgh this year. Partly coz I’m gonna make it a fucker this year, but mostly because the A9 (i think) is going to be closed at the time of the event, and a monster detour in place.

will update with more soon, but I’m looking at a ferry option, which would lend itself perfectly to a pit stop 

Gwan - the Glen coe/Loch Ness route....gwan gwan gwan! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hawkati said:

Gwan - the Glen coe/Loch Ness route....gwan gwan gwan! 

That's a great route, it's the real middle of nowhere if you get stuck though.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Not sure if I can help out of not, free time for me is at a premium as the old duches health is slowly going down hill... Congratulations to you and Lorraine, though how you managed to make 2 babies in the one go has me scratching my bald dome..

• Haha 1

First Scottish pitstop (which is actually the 4th pitstop) ideally needs to be at the ferry crossing near Greenock.

Second Scottish pitstop (pitstop 5) is at Inverness, and all sorted.

If anyone can help with P4, I would be eternally grateful.....

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@jaycee JM has recruited us for duty on this do you know or can you scope out an acceptable place for us to pitch up we will probably arrive the night before and camp in the van for the night unless you know of anywhere better nearby I would offer to pick you up but with your circumstances I suspect you will want a rapid response vehicle to hand 😜

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadManMiles said:

@jaycee JM has recruited us for duty on this do you know or can you scope out an acceptable place for us to pitch up we will probably arrive the night before and camp in the van for the night unless you know of anywhere better nearby I would offer to pick you up but with your circumstances I suspect you will want a rapid response vehicle to hand 😜

Hi Jez, it isn't a bit I know very well tbh. It was just a place I rode/drove past. 

@james_christ, or @VanWinkle, maybe @Pugwash since he was a sailor once, would know more. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 7:51 PM, jaycee said:

Hi Jez, it isn't a bit I know very well tbh. It was just a place I rode/drove past. 

@james_christ, or @VanWinkle, maybe @Pugwash since he was a sailor once, would know more. 

Only thing I know about Greenock is not to go there without a gun.. Gourock, is where the Dunoon ferry leaves from though and has a carpark but you will probably have to inform the terminal staff why and what you are doing there.

http://www.western-ferries.co.uk/driver-return.html#

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just worked out and have sent comms to riders etc. that indeed it is the Gourock terminal, NOT the Greenock one that the riders need to go too.