splitting a crank case (fzr 600)

addiction269

any tips on spliting this crank, mr haynes says i dont need to remove the clutch basket ot timing rotor, but not so sure?! got it split round the edge just about but its still stuck fast. any help much apreciated

any tips on spliting this crank, mr haynes says i dont need to remove the clutch basket ot timing rotor, but not so sure?! got it split round the edge just about but its still stuck fast. any help much apreciated

There's always one extra bolt (maybe one that goes through from the other side to most of them) or something you haven't spotted... Look, look again, look again, scratch your head and look again before you'll eventually find what is keeping them together. Keep the brute force to a minimum.

i think it's hidden under the barrels, ie you need to take the head and barrels off (if you havnt already)

no got all those, it shows it in the clutch housing but i cant see it, but still cant seem to get the crank pieces apart,wish i hadnt have bothered now as its only to reseal it as there was a slight oil leak!

yeah i cant find bolt 19 anywhere?! so god knows! perhaps best to take it somewhere, as for brute force i did come close!

Could be under a cover somewhere or even under a plug, starter motor or sticker.... Somewhere daft!

Archived