New dirtbike Dual suspension first test.

suspensionsmith

Just recently finished building this new front dirtbike suspension onto a 18 KX450F and this is a couple Vids of its first test....which went awesomely well.....

First Vid is of the upper part of the dual suspension in action and the next Vid is of the lower part of the dual suspension.

So it has forks and a shocker? Is the shock for high speed hits only? Will have LOTS of travel:thumbsup:, How much heavyer is it and the difference in rake/trail etc.?

13 hours ago, peter187 said:

What's the handling in the air like with the extra weight on the front?

So far it all seems normal........once we start hitting some really big stuff and the bike starts getting more air time will be interesting......

8 hours ago, Richy said:

So it has forks and a shocker? Is the shock for high speed hits only? Will have LOTS of travel:thumbsup:, How much heavyer is it and the difference in rake/trail etc.?

The forks are setup on the soft side so arent tuned to provide any bottoming resistance.....that job is the secondary suspension which is about 4 times stiffer...total travel is 350mm and could be as much as 400mm.....weight is around 6 kg heavier but with not much attention too lightness.......rake and trail are quite different with the geometry providing a greater change in trail as the forks move.....it steers great....feels normal.....

On 1/21/2019 at 6:39 AM, stretch said:

This ought to shut up anyone about tele vs. FFE since it's both!

Funniest Front End Ever.

And it appears to work...it combines the best of both worlds.....also the easiest conversion I have ever done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 12:21 AM, laney said:

How much has it added to the wheelbase?

- 20mm when extended and + 20mm when fully compressed.....so there’s less change overall

5 minutes ago, Johnno said:

As the senior dirt bike editor here, how about sending me a unit with instructions to fit to my Beta and I'll do a full evaluation.  

That’s actually a possible scenario......but not in the near future.....sorry.....

Archived