Superb MTB track

jaycee

16 minutes ago, CMSMJ1 said:

That is cool - the "making of" video is awesome

I'll have a look for that. The first video just appeared on my YouTube feed. 

Probably because I've been watching a lot of BMX/MTB stuff lately. Danny MacAskill, Chris Akrigg etc

• Like 1

Cool vid and awesome single shot filming. 

Just getting into Downhill over here, was at the VallNord bike park last week and will be at Finael Ligure this, trying to mix it up with mtb, supermoto and short circuit racing this year.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, theo said:

Cool vid and awesome single shot filming. 

Just getting into Downhill over here, was at the VallNord bike park last week and will be at Finael Ligure this, trying to mix it up with mtb, supermoto and short circuit racing this year.

I went to Whistler quite a few times with my bouncy bike (got family out there).  Best time ever.

• Like 1

Just watched this....Megavalanche 2018...winning run

O

M

F

G

Winning manoeuvre at 4:55....but don't FF to that section - just watch the whole thing.

Edited by DesmoEddy
  • Like 1

Opening post is about as loose a version of MTB as any of us are likely to ride, it's a very small number of people who can even consider getting down that.

Megavalanche though, i can and possibly one day will get down that... Not well, not quickly...but you'd make it down there.  The First vid makes me go 'meh' the Megavalanche vid though is awesome :)

The Tasmania trail looks a blast, but i'd be needing some chicken runs for it too :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Should me up in July, Im less than an hour away. 

Gonna be going finale a few more times this year for sure (already been twice), I'll let you know when we have one planned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theo said:

Should me up in July, Im less than an hour away. 

Gonna be going finale a few more times this year for sure (already been twice), I'll let you know when we have one planned. 

Aye, flying into Geneva evening of 30th June, get the express up to Chamonix to hook up with two mates who are driving there and then bob it round inside the week approx 25-30 miles a day (hopefully) and fly home on Saturday 6th/Sunday 7th.

saying that, I had better book my flights..lol

Am off to Bike Park Wales next month for a go at finding my balls.  Last physio today for my shoulder - I am signing myself off, it works for 90% of mobility with 70% of strength in those areas - toes adn knees all fixed from Jerez, so bring on the MTB!

1 hour ago, millemille said:

You got a date planned for BPW?

I'm at Black Mountain this weekend with @porter_jamie and was going to have a mooch out to Farmer John's one day during the week over the next couple of weeks...

Going 8th and 9th April with a mate from work.  

Cannot wait for the clocks and sunlight to appear as will be doing after work sessions too. 

I don't know black mountain but have a desire to hit farmer John sometime.  Cannot really do weekdays unless I get a pass out.  .  But might throw a half day in and get a look at it

3 minutes ago, millemille said:

Don't forget Wharncliffe is just up the road as well, I'll be shooting up there after work as soon as the evenings are light...

Aye.  I've been on the Greno DH stuff recently but not ridden Wharncliffe for ages.  

Never done Parkwood springs either. 

If you want to guide the way I'll get out for the crack. 

Can't deny that Brandon Semenuk (bloke in the op) is one of the most talented riders out there, but is it MTB? It's closer to BMX imho but still all of teh awesome to watch.

This on the other hand is just plain fear - 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fudd said:

Can't deny that Brandon Semenuk (bloke in the op) is one of the most talented riders out there, but is it MTB? It's closer to BMX imho but still all of teh awesome to watch.

Bloody fuck! That was some track. The jumps were huge and he was pulling some speed through the trees too. 

2 hours ago, Fudd said:

Good god

One of the worst bits was at the start - when he was riding through a corridor of tree stumps, all nice and immovable with sharp edges. A tumble there would have been completely terminal if you cartwheeled down a line of those :icon_pale:

It was a shame that Sam Hill has been sick as a dog for the first two ews rounds. It was a fun time in the crowd though. It did smell strangely like marijuana all weekend though.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...