Adjusters turning

Cibbersicks

Hi guys just a quick question, i'm currently looking at setting the sag on my 600rr8 track bike, All i want to know is, when you turn the preload adjuster on the top of the fork, the rebound damping adjuster turns as well, is this normal? and do you have to turn it back to where it started after you've turned the preload adjuster?

Yes, normally the damping adjuster housing and screw turns but because the whole assembly is turning the adjustement doesn't change - double check before and after adjusting the pre-load to be sure...

Thanks for that!

Is the '08 same as earlier RR's in that adjusting front preload doesn't actually alter sag because of the very long top out springs used in the standard forks?

I'm not sure, if this is true, how do you set the sag??

Is the '08 same as earlier RR's in that adjusting front preload doesn't actually alter sag because of the very long top out springs used in the standard forks?

Is this the same on a zx7r? I altered the preload the other day by a whole load and all it did was change the sag by maybe 2mm?! Freaked me right out...

early usd tz250 forks are like that, they dont alter preload, just ride height, so you wind on a load on the adjusters and the sag measurement doesnt change at all. weird. binned em off for later ones.

Thanks Millemille for the very comprehensive reply!

This all seems very over my head, I've got mallory booked up for the 22nd so i think ill pop up to see Johnny Gaskell at Revs suspension in Halesowen, get a base setting for my weight and take it from there

Thanks for the reply, it was an interesting read!

Cibbers

Archived