hi and low speed damping

fastfox

Hi peeps.

Got a new bike. Its my first bike with both hi and low speed damping adjustment. (new R1)

Can someone exsplain what low speed and hi speed damping is and the effects i should exspect messing with it

Hi peeps.

Got a new bike. Its my first bike with both hi and low speed damping adjustment. (new R1)

Can someone exsplain what low speed and hi speed damping is and the effects i should exspect messing with it

Think of low speed damping as attitude control - for controlling the low speed movement of the shock - going over crests and into dips in the road. The high speed is for control/comfort over bumps. If you ride bumpy roads, reducing the high speed damping will make the ride more comfortable/less harsh.

BW

Think of low speed damping as attitude control - for controlling the low speed movement of the shock - going over crests and into dips in the road. The high speed is for control/comfort over bumps. If you ride bumpy roads, reducing the high speed damping will make the ride more comfortable/less harsh.

BW

Thanks Ben.

so basicly the hi speed damper is more or less what my R6 adjuster would of done.

Can you go more into the low speed side of things? Whats meant by "attitude controll"?

If it's any help , the high and low speed refer to the piston speed in the dampers , attitude control refers to how the bike pitches front to back or vice-versa

single compression adjsuter shocks tend to be of the low speed type anyway

Use Low speed compression for

Undulations

Controlling squat out of corners

Small ripples

Use high speed for

Big bumps (ie fast shock movement)

Pot holes etc

Two adjusters mean you can set it to be supple ashock for bumps, without it being too squidgy in the corners

single compression adjsuter shocks tend to be of the low speed type anyway

Use Low speed compression for

Undulations

Controlling squat out of corners

Small ripples

Use high speed for

Big bumps (ie fast shock movement)

Pot holes etc

Two adjusters mean you can set it to be supple ashock for bumps, without it being too squidgy in the corners

Right, so low speed adjuster if i find the bike squats coming out of bends.

Hi speed if (as i do) find the bike is a bit choppy on bumpy roads.

To be honest, i`m finding the factory settings are more or less there appart from the ride is abit harsh on our crap roads.

Was planning to take a click or two out of the compression dampers front and rear

Archived