Beeks rs/rg500 project

beek

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are gsxr 750 k7 forks the yokes are JB racing billet yokes never heard of them before but found them on ebay.

cbr600 front wheel and discs. new spindle and spacers not to much work but didnt just bolt in. but thats the fun in building these specials use the bits that look good and can be bought for a fair price.. I could of used a rs seat but they just dont look right and are pretty bulky so opted to make the one i did. Got 3 seat orders if i decide to make more than one so i guess others like it too.

As youll see as it progresses i alter and change things all the time.

I bought some cheap Harris rear sets and converted them making new mount plates to suit my use.

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

rear caliper

4.jpg

looking good, love the home made rearsets that i could almost say look better than my HRC RC45 rearsets....

but i dont like the tail unit atall, whats it off?

looking good, love the home made rearsets that i could almost say look better than my HRC RC45 rearsets....

but i dont like the tail unit atall, whats it off?

The seat unit is home made. from tz250 rear and vfr400 sides plus lots of filler.

There are not to many choices really to cover 2 rear pipes without looking big and bulky maybe as its not 100% finished you dont see the full effect yet, the idea behind the removable top of seat is to house battery, oil bottle and what ever else i can squeeze in as space for these items is pretty sparce anywhere else.

The seat now has a few more bits done inner lip so the top can sit on nice and be secured. light cut outs plan is to put a led light behind holes.

m1.jpg

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

The cut out for the rear carb was more than i expected but i started the cut out small and problems arose straight away. mainly there is no room. so here is what ive done, welded up im sure it will be fine. but as it looks now with a big gaping hole you wonder if it will ever look the same again

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

that frame will look the bollox when you have it welded up. will look just like the rsw 250 prilla gp bikes. they have a crude cut out to fit the whopping magnesium 38mm(poss 40mm??) carb inside the frame so im sure peeps who wanna critisise will soon shut up when you point that out!! dont like rg/rgv specials ect when the engine layout is compromised purely to avoid cutting/welding the frame. the way youve done it is the proper way, getting weight distribution right without compromise. this little bit of welding adds qualituy to the effort your putting in. btw, strength wont be an issue given how thick beam frames are anyway, particularly on the rs/rgv/nsr ect.

Cheers mgtkr1

You are right about what you have to do .. do it as there is no easy fix to these type of problems people will look and think F**k but ive done the easy approach to it and took small amount away then test fit ect ect but you need the space i could of made it slighty small i guesss now, but not much, the plan is this

fit this plate first then run another from about half way down to outside edge of frame so giving it a slight crurve look

alloyst3.jpg

alloyst1.jpg

I also have proper curved carb adjusters now for the rear carbs so when i tested today it all looked fine so happier now

As said in a prevoius post well done for having the balls to chop the frame rather than making do.

Are you going to make this bike look more like a YZR 500 rather than an RG /RGV, I was just wondering because of the YZR 'style' seat unit. I know this is a bit late but have you seen the seat unit on SRAD34's GSXR750? Its a copy of the 92 - 93 - 94 RGV500 seat made by Airtech. Looks very nice.

http://pbmagforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5668

Just being different seat wise thats all i did look at the aritech seat but $300 odd dollars plus shipping lot of money isnt it

plus id have to chop it to fit, so happier to have done one to my own design.

• 2 weeks later...

Frame is almost finished now, I had to redo some of the engine mountings as they were not in the place i wanted them so was pretty easy to cut them off and redo them. managed to get the 1st stage of the carb cut outs done, looks a good job. seat subframe is now done so taking shape

w1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w6.jpg

w7.jpg

w8.jpg

w9.jpg

Archived