servicing prices

addiction269

It would help to know what the bike is.....

Or we could be really helpful and post guesses on 25k services for CBX1000s vs 570cc overbored, tuned Gamma500s vs GPz305s vs the Y2K turbine bike.... :P

As a real example, my old 955i Daytona was around £500 for the big 'un and needed 6 valves shimming. mrs.wavy's R6, done at the same time, was 'only' £400 and needed no valves shimming *and* had a new set of BT014s at the same time. They were the same age and same mileage and had the same 24,000 mile services done at main dealers, which can only lead me to state that Triumph servicing costs (both parts and labour) are a fair bit higher than Yamaha....

Dave

ah... that would help, its a 97 zx6r, and usually use an independant garage anyways so wll probably be slighty cheaper than tthe dealer, i was thinking around the 500 mark

Your big service should have been done at 16k , that includes fork oil and steering head bearing lube etc , 24k will still be valves so you should expect maybe around the 6 hrs mark , depending what else they do

ah... that would help, its a 97 zx6r, and usually use an independant garage anyways so wll probably be slighty cheaper than tthe dealer, i was thinking around the 500 mark

£500.... thats half the bikes value! I wouldn't be wasting my money. Get a haynes and enjoy a day learning about your bike.

Whereabouts in Lincolnshire are you?

BSD in Eye near Peterborough do a bloody fantastic job for a lot less than a dealer charges. X-Bikes in Wisbech have an excellent reputation too although I've never used them myself.

hi yeah i was thinking bsd, im just out in folkingham. my brother in law has used them in the past and recommended. also i wanted a dyno run to see how its running.

I know of a crackin' place in Bourne, name of IP Performance. The guys are ex BSB Mechanics amongst other stuff.

Number is 01778 395671.

Top blokes, highly recommended.

Just had the R1 serviced at BSD,came in at around £360 for a 24,000 service(that's valve check time,and they were in spec);the cost included some new Exup cables as well.

thats bloody good, i would do it myself but got an engine stripped out and want to get it back together before i tackle another one. yeah ive gone past a few times now, are they still doing dyno days?

Whereabouts in Lincolnshire are you?

BSD in Eye near Peterborough do a bloody fantastic job for a lot less than a dealer charges. X-Bikes in Wisbech have an excellent reputation too although I've never used them myself.

I'd add M&M Motorcycles in Essendine to that list also.

£35+VAT / hour.

My ZXR engine is there as I type having been <ahem> mildly tuned.

Most definitley one of the good guys.

The kettle is always on.

Marks head isn't as bald as it looks on the pages of PB !!

Archived