Seat Recovering

johnnymack63

Can anyone recommend a seat recover-er ?

My ZXR's seat is blue and I want it to be black.

The rebuild is at full speed (engine not back yet) and it's looking pretty damn fine ! I really want to avoid putting the very last thing back on it (the seat) only to stand back and think "That looks really shit now. Wish I'd got the seat recovered"

TT has moved the deadline to 3 weeks today. I reckon it's a tactic of his to win the fued !

Cheers for any pointers !!

Custom motorcycle seats is near you I think.... recalled card was pinned to base of GPz seat.

www.motorbike-seats.co.uk

16 Harborough Rd

Coventry

If you find Busters In Holbrooks, it's in the estate behind there.

02476 665203

I have had 3 seats at least done by Melvyn/Mervyn (the father, brain fade, can't recall), his son now runs it. No experience of Ross, but he has had a good teacher.

Johnny, I recovered my own seat (with black suede) to stop my copious arse sliding around so much under braking on track, and found it to be really easy. You just need to be patient and do it in sections which allow you to keep the new surface nice and tight.

Get some contact adhesive (brush applied stuff is best) and work from the top centre down. Then staple the loose at the bottom underside.

Plenty of people on the internet sell off-cuts of cloth, leather, suede whatever so getting a bit is cheap enough, and at the end of the day, if you mess it up or you're unhappy with the result you can get an upholsterer to do it for you, but it really isn't that difficult.

Pete

I can do it for you, it's what I do.

Hi

I can only say that Number 6 is doing a very very good job.He has done my seat and that was wonderfull a top job. :)

Hagasannori

You can buy Alcantara on ebay cheap and its a piece of piss to cover your own seat. Even easier with an extra pair of hands

Big thumbs up to "Number 6" :icon_salut:

ZXR seat now recovered and looking mint !!

If your seat needs recovering, look no further.

Katana riding master craftsman.

Archived