premix or injection

Devon

i have a aprilia rs125 and have discovered that there is a large amount of scoring on the barrel, my question is, is it a good idea to just remove the oil injector and run the bike on a premix, will this make any difference to the running of the bike. i understand that i will have problems when visiting the petrol station etc but thats no problem . so what do you think?

i have a aprilia rs125 and have discovered that there is a large amount of scoring on the barrel, my question is, is it a good idea to just remove the oil injector and run the bike on a premix, will this make any difference to the running of the bike. i understand that i will have problems when visiting the petrol station etc but thats no problem . so what do you think?

You will also have to rejet the bike as it will start to run leaner. (You will get less fuel for a given jet size since some of the fluid is oil.)

I would avoid doing this. Check your oil pump is working and if not then a replacement will be easily found on Feebay.

Archived