ZRX1100

tsp

The only must do mod is to get the seat re-upholstered because the standard padding is shocking!

If you want faster: ZZR1100 cams, a full Akra system and dyno setup will give you about 130HP at the back wheel. Up from about 95HP so seriously worthwhile.

Renthal ultra-low Superbike bars improve the riding position too.

Here's my old one.

DSCF0012.jpg

Full system and a factory pro carb kit made a huge difference to mine then the rest was just me playing.

I'd say once you done the pipe/carb mod concentrate on the chassis as that will limit you more than the motor.

Heres my old one.

IMG_1150.jpg

They both look so cool!

I was thinking of doing the brakes first, as I've got a radial master cylinder already to go on. Will braded hoses do or do you need to do anything with the calipers on these?

The pipe/filter/jet kit should be simple enough.

Then the suspension, I see yours has an R1 front end or something... Does it need to go that far? Is your front end a modified ZRX front end David?

Thanks for the help!! :eusa_dance:

PS - Got to buy the friggin thing first :eusa_dance:

A new m/cyl does help, you need to make sure the calipers are clean and moving freely. Those Tokico 6-pots are infamous for being a bit high maintenance. I had a Brembo on mine which was superb, but swapped it with an SP2 one later on. Braided hoses should be fitted to all bikes, IMO.

My forks had a fork brace, new oil and Ohlins springs. The easiest fork swap is a ZX9RB front end but I never got round to it! The swingarm also had extra bracing.

• 4 months later...

i know its an old topic, but if your doing the zzr1100 cam mod, what if anything else needs doing? and anywhere sell them new or good 2nd hand? pod filters worth it?

• 3 months later...
i know its an old topic, but if your doing the zzr1100 cam mod, what if anything else needs doing? and anywhere sell them new or good 2nd hand? pod filters worth it?

ZZR cams need nothing else, they don't even alter the jetting much, suprisingly. You need a free flowing exhaust and filter to get the most benefit from them, but I'm assuming you have these already.

I have done around 1/2 dozen ZZR cam swaps in 1100s and 1200s, and can be done quite easily by the home mechanic, if you can adjust shims, you can do these.

Cams cost around £300 each new, or can be had for about £100 S/H, I usually have 2 or 3 sets at any one time.

The only must do mod is to get the seat re-upholstered because the standard padding is shocking!

If you want faster: ZZR1100 cams, a full Akra system and dyno setup will give you about 130HP at the back wheel. Up from about 95HP so seriously worthwhile.

Renthal ultra-low Superbike bars improve the riding position too.

Here's my old one.

DSCF0012.jpg

There was a bloke at the 90's trackday at Cadwell last Sepetember who had done all this plus had grafted on a turbo from a SAAB! Absolutely flew down the straights!

Matt Wildee spoke to him, photos were taken but I never saw it in the magazine?

MATT????

Any tips on getting the carbs in and out of the frame. The space seems to be limited and I am worried I might do more harm than good.

• 2 months later...
There was a bloke at the 90's trackday at Cadwell last Sepetember who had done all this plus had grafted on a turbo from a SAAB! Absolutely flew down the straights!

Matt Wildee spoke to him, photos were taken but I never saw it in the magazine?

MATT????

That would have been mine and its on here, its no longer turbo'd but running a ZZR 6 speed bottom end, high comp pistons and cams and the ZZR CVK40mm carbs

Hoping to add some Yoshi cams and some PDQ head work later in the year which should take it upto 150 at the rear.

Oh and its been on a bit of a diet.

HERE

Like the added swing arm bracing, and external frame braces on the first bike pictured, very nice.

Like the added swing arm bracing, and external frame braces on the first bike pictured, very nice.

The frame braces are way cool, made from 14swg aluminum box section and completly stiffen the frame between the front and rear engine mounts. :thumbsup:

Archived