speed trip project

TrackdaRider

Hello all.

Haven't been on the (not so) new PB forum very much.

but thought you might be interested in my project bike.

It started with an enforced break from biking as of last September due to a health problem, But the need to have something on the go led me to decide to start building something.

So without too much fore though or planning I started gathering bits n pieces to see where it led to.

In February of this year I purchased an accident damaged Triumph 955i Daytona on a 06 plate (the 147bhp model)

dayto2.jpg

So always having liked the look of the 1050 speed triple I decided to streetfighter the Dayto and add a sprinkling of 1050 speed trip along the way.

so progress so far is ...

fitted a 1050 rear end.

Gilles rearsets

Leo Vince GP pipe - modded the 955 downpipe to match it

1050 Speed triple forks

GSXR1000K7 brake calliper

Rethall bars

Still waiting on the tank, airbox seat and shorty levers to arrive.

Then got to decide on the headlight arrangement.

Not too keen on the standard speed triple lights as they stick out too far IMO. so if its twin lights I want to attach them to the forks and get them tucked in close.

I love the LSL headlight conversion

UrbanHeadlight.jpg

but haven't been able to find a supplier in the UK yet ??

If anyone knows please pass it on. Jack Lilley replied to my email that they cant supply them.

rearset_zorst.jpg

rearview_close.jpg

rearview.jpg

renthall.jpg

I kow it's not the same, much less angular, but if you fancy a headlight that is angles so it fits snugly into the angle of the forks, try a v-rod one:

harleydavidson_vrsca_vrod_2002_2.jpg

except do it without the gay chrome.

Can't think the LSL headamp is gonna dip the right way and they'll have shelled out a fortune if it's TUV approved, that'll explain why it not available here.

:icon_blackeye:

Can't think the LSL headamp is gonna dip the right way and they'll have shelled out a fortune if it's TUV approved, that'll explain why it not available here.

:icon_blackeye:

Are modern headlight 'dips' stil directional? You'd have thought that, by now, there'd be a design that just dips down or ahead so needs no conversion of RHD or LHD countries....

Or am I being a bit "simples"?

Dave

Lookin good, Ref the comment on the bars... what about the 09 speed triple bars which are the fat tapered Magura ones, they are also available in matt black and look the dogs doodahs!

Are modern headlight 'dips' stil directional? You'd have thought that, by now, there'd be a design that just dips down or ahead so needs no conversion of RHD or LHD countries....

Or am I being a bit "simples"?

Dave

Now you mention it, mine just dips down, not to one side or the other.

:(

It's only a headlight from a Yamaha MT-03 with billet bracketry , why is not available here??

Archived