Projector Headlights

intra

Does anyone know where I could get some endurance type projector lights to throw in the yzf/fzr I'm building up? The need not have bracketry or any of that shit with them as I can make up what I need.

Cheers in advance.

Calling Phase One, calling Phase One.............

Could you use one out of a car of ebay?

I think they need ballast boxes to run without burning your loom but I have seen this done before.

Could you use one out of a car of ebay?

I think they need ballast boxes to run without burning your loom but I have seen this done before.

HID lights need ballasts, but you could use a TLS lamp from a Euro spec 97-99 model. Those take a std Halogen bulb, but you'd need to do a fair bit of hacking to get the lamp out of the housing.

Didn't 999 Ducatis use Halogen projectors?

You'll find projector units floating around all over the place, we have been running 07 shells which have one projector, digging the reflector lamp out to fill with another. Most projector units take the usual H4 or H7 bulbs. There are cheap HID kits available from the far east, though quality might be a bit shite, going to a breakers and nicking the lamps & ballast units out of crashed cars has worked for us (Mitsubishi a favourite ). Not sure about the legality and spread of light you're gonna get for low/high beam though. Have a dig around in this This our mate Mike has done loads on this.

If your bike's got a trapeziodal cut out like the FZR1000 RU you can bolt a FZR400 unit with two paralever lamps straight in as a unit, but, the bulbs are £15 ish each

• 3 weeks later...
If your bike's got a trapeziodal cut out like the FZR1000 RU you can bolt a FZR400 unit with two paralever lamps straight in as a unit, but, the bulbs are £15 ish each

That's a popular mod on TRXs too

Bob

Archived