Hayabusa Indicators

Cibbersicks

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this for me,

I'm currently working on a friends early Hayabusa, I have sorted out all the other major issues now i am just left with the miserable task of fitting the front indicators.

'Easy!' I hear you shout, however these are not genuine Suzuki jobbies, they are LED ones so they flash at a different rate. They are supplied with a flasher relay, however i don't know where it needs to be wired into, any ideas? Also there are 'mini' indicators fitted at the rear, so the flashing rate is aaaall over the place.

I know you guys are going to say check them in the bin and fit standard ones, i agree, the whole bikes 'not to my taste but he loves it and i've agreed to sorting it for him.

Any help is appreciated.

Tom

Flasher relay is normally up front under the cone. The LED ones are usually plug and play into the OEM loom. You'll need to replace the rear flashers with LED's, or the new flasher will not work either....

HG have some LED units that might suit him. Fairing mount LED's

On most Suzuki's I've owned the flasher relay has been under the seat near the battery area or hanging off one of the subframe spars behind a sidepanel. Usually they are a nondescript black cube about an inch across, with two or three wires running to them, and they usually say "Relay" on the back.

• 4 weeks later...

Right after a load of fecking about i managed to convince him these LED ones are shite so we stumped for some nice clear bulbed ones instead.

Now the flash rate is perfect, but the only problem is now that i've plugged them all in, when you press the left turn swtich, the dashboard lights dim, as does the headlight but theres nothing coming from the left indicators.

When you click right, the front right indicator flashes fine, but the rear left flashes instead of the right.

Arrrgh it's doing my head in and im really struggling with this now. The bike was invovled in an accident last year. My friend got somebody esle to do the repair and they fucked it up, so i've got to pick up the pieces. He's fitted a new rear subframe so i know hes had the wiring out at some piont.

Any help would be apprieciated.

Cibbers

No other way round it but to remove the loom from the rear of the bike and use a test lamp to trace the volts back to the side of the loom where all is good. You will probably find a wire has been incorrectly grounded, and another connected incorrectly. I had to unwrap the loom on my GSX-R11 for this reason, found a burned wire and botched, soldered connection under the tape.

Good luck.

In reality i pretty much knew this, i think i'm in denial as to the PITA this paticular job will unfold to become......

There was vague hope that someone would reply with a "plug this into there, plug that into here and hey presto!"....a bit optimistic i think.

I'm not looking forward to my weekend now....

*sob* *sob* ;)

p.s. cheers for the reply originalracingsnake! :eusa_think:

Cibbers

Sorted!

R/H Rear indicator wires had been majorly bodged by the previous "repairers"

They had fitted mini indicators, and therefore needed to cut the plugs off the original flashers to solder to the minis to connect them to the loom.

They'd correctly soldered the wires, but they then proceeded to just wrap them up with insulation tape, not insulating one wire....basically the two indicator wires where shorting causing most of the bike lighting system to cock up.

Fucking bodgers really piss me off.....as my old grandad used to say, "if a job's worth doing, do it well", never a truer word said.

Just happy it's finished now and i feck the thing off out my garage!

Cheers for the replies fellas!

Great fix mate! I'm glad it was nothing too deep in the loom.

Have a pint!

Archived