Bollocks! I see milky deposits in window!

Annaz

Why does nothing run smoothly?

I've almost finished the Srad trackbike, put the exhaust on and thought I'd run it to warmish and change the oil and filter.

After running it on idle for 2 mins i switched it off and can now see milky deposits in the inspection window. Bugger!

I'm hoping that there has just been a bit of moisture build up with it being stood for 8 months so I'll carry on and change the oil to see what happens.

Any thoughts in the meantime?

I would imagine that its just the condensation in the motor, as its been stood fer a while. If its just milky deposits in the sight glass I wouldnt worry too much, if the actual oil is milky that may be different.

As above, condensation in the cases, not a major problem at all. As above give it a major thrashing to get it proper hot and burn off all the moisture. Alternatively leave the filler cap off overnight.

It's perfectly normal this time of year because of the humidity in the air.

HTH

I had exactly the same thing with my vfr after it'd been stood for a fair bit. Do as DavidW said, it'll let most of the excess moisture evapourate off once it's warm. The really tricky thing is the waiting for the fan to kick in, that's where my arse was getting a bit twitchy.

Don't panic, it's just someone popped into your garage after you left it unlocked and cracked one off into your filler cap.

HTH

Don't panic, it's just someone popped into your garage after you left it unlocked and cracked one off into your filler cap.

HTH

:lol:

I warmed it up and let the oil out and it was fine and oily oil, Tank fuck, and well done 100% correct, well almost Trigger!

Put new oil and filter on and all is splendid.

Thanks guys!

Goes off to take more paranoia inducing drugs :shock:

You know I was the only one who got it spot on* ...

*right into the filler cap, without spilling a drop :shock:

Archived