water in the engine

Devon

just dropped the engine out of my aprilia RS 125 and it fell on it's side and a large amount of water came out of air inlet. everything is quite wet so has anyone got any ideas on how i can dry it out or dispearse the water as i think i have just beaten the rust.

just dropped the engine out of my aprilia RS 125 and it fell on it's side and a large amount of water came out of air inlet. everything is quite wet so has anyone got any ideas on how i can dry it out or dispearse the water as i think i have just beaten the rust.

Take it to bits and use the airline and paper towels..... It's the only way to be sure.

On the other hand you could bodge it by filling it full of oil and then draining that out....... Just don't hydraulic lock the engine and bend the rod!

The WD in wd40 stands for water dispersal. WD40 will burn off a treat once it's soaked everything down. or of course, you could start the engine, it may take a bit of a go to do it, then let the heat dry it off.

take of the carb and put the engine in an oven at 75 degrees. It's an engine it can easily take that heat and the water will evaporate.

take of the carb and put the engine in an oven at 75 degrees. It's an engine it can easily take that heat and the water will evaporate.

I would suggest that you aren't just trying to get the water out. You need to get the much and sludge out that the water brought with it. That will be far more damaging.

I once bought an engine (just for the cases) that had been flood damaged.

Archived