Any ideas?

I am GOD

My project elsie has ground to a halt due a bent frame. I'm considering selling the rebuilt engine, but have no idea what sort of money to expect. Any one got any ideas? I saw a ypvs went for £320 on ebay, but that wasn't even confirmed as running. Mine has been rebuilt withg new oil seals and gaskets and the top end is brand new as well.

My project elsie has ground to a halt due a bent frame. I'm considering selling the rebuilt engine, but have no idea what sort of money to expect. Any one got any ideas? I saw a ypvs went for £320 on ebay, but that wasn't even confirmed as running. Mine has been rebuilt withg new oil seals and gaskets and the top end is brand new as well.

Would be a shame to give up now... How bad is it? I've had a frame straightened before, I think it was £100-£150 or so....

There are loads of people on the yam rd forum who would be willing to help out where a frame is concerned I reckon. Ive got some cracking deals off people on there. I got a 4L1 lump and a set of swarbrick spannies for about £150. If you post a topic in the wanted section I don't imagine it would take long to get some offers. Also you could always wedge the motor into another frame... Mito, TZR125 or NSR250 all been done before... Hope this helps, Ben.

Cheers for the moral support everyone! I think I was just having a flap to be fair. At the end of the day I'm going to build it up and see how bad it is and go from there.

i sold a non-rebuilt but good 4lo motor last summer for about £450.00 . has it still got the lump above the sproket and is it tuned ? if the answers to these are yes and then no then it may well fetch nearer £600 . sell it and buy a ypvs lump , much more potential , stronger and still cheaper at the moment .

i sold a non-rebuilt but good 4lo motor last summer for about £450.00 . has it still got the lump above the sproket and is it tuned ? if the answers to these are yes and then no then it may well fetch nearer £600 . sell it and buy a ypvs lump , much more potential , stronger and still cheaper at the moment .

It's on 2mm oversize pistons, don't know if that counts as tuning, as for the lump above the sprcket, what exactly are you on about Rob??

Archived