gsxr6 k3 taper roller head bearings

charlie13

hi folks, I was wondering if anyone had an upper set of taper roller head bearings for a gsxr6 k3 sat around that they could give me a manufacturers part number from? i'd rather not go to the bother and expense of buying a set just to find out the part code. then I can find out the sizes and a source a suitable alternative to allow me to fit the gsxr stem in an sv650 headstock.

i've started a front end swapsies with my sv650 and this is one of the last parts I need to sort out before turning a big pile of parts into a working front end. I know the gsxr/sv swap has been done to death but everyone seems to sort the speedo with hall effect sensors which I don't like, and I also want to run (standard) sv wheels as i'm not parting with my old school 3-spoke dymags.

cheers

Every time I need new bearings I just take the old ones down to Derby Bearings Limited, and they sort me out with a set that are 10* better quality than the OE ones, and for a tenth of the cost.

Have you tried asking this question on www.gixerjunkies.com?

I'd guess that the suzuki part numbers would be fair unhelpful to you to be honest. Measure the thickness of the stem, measure the width of the headstock and then go from there. I'd also be willing to put a couple of quid on it that the bearings are exactly the same as any other modern suzuki headstock bearings, I've read somewhere that all suzukis have the same size headstock and stem going back from the early 80's or something. It was a gamble I took when I swapped the front end on my katana and it bolted right up, all bar the stop-locks on the bottom yoke.

cheers for the advice guys, I whipped the top yoke off last night an the standard outer race is 47mm. and the stem on the gsxr6 is 30mm OD. luckily enough the bottom race is a common part tween the gs and sv and there's company in the states do a custom 47x30x15mm taper roller for the top to suit the swap i'm doing. did find an NSK variant HM32906J which was 47x30x12 but they're silly money and 6 - 8 months lead time.

Archived