Handle bar grip slippy

yorkshirepudding

Ok, I know it's not exactly a major problem, but after a trackday last week my left bar grip isn't properly stuck to the bar. It's not spinning round completely, and it's only really the outer half that can be squidged around an inch or so forward and back, but is it a bit distracting... How best to resecure it?

PS - I'm 3/4 cabbage when it comes to fixing stuff...

Cheers!

Erm...glue it...?

I once had the throttle grip come off in my hand while on the motorway with the throttle still open. It was quite tricky trying to force it back on whilst still riding along. Wouldn't want it to happen again!

Super glue is what comes with Oxford heated grips so its good enough for the job.

Lock wire is good too, and cable ties do the job but look pikey as fook :icon_salut:

:icon_salut:

Ha, yeh that's that I thought... Super glue? Tis a stoopid question I know. Just don't want to knacker owt

The tip I was given is to coat the inside of the grip with some petrol, then slide it on. You have to leave it for a good 24 hours I think.

I'm sure I've seen purpose made adhesive for doing this too....

Contact cleaner or Brake Cleaner work well because they don't leave a residue behind.

Take the grip right off.

Clean the bar/throttle tube.

Drench the inside of the grip.

Slide it on and leave overnight.

Cheers folks! Now, where does the missus keep her hairspray...

I think the hairspray just causes the rubber in the grip to swell, which holds it on. Petrol will do the same.

Archived