TZ250 89 parts find

kookimonsta

Just been round a chaps house that i see in the pub i drink in. Picked this lot up, he knew i was into my strokers and said he had a load of tz250 bits from his brothers old race bike.

000_0077.jpg

000_0078.jpg

000_0079.jpg

000_0080.jpg

000_0081.jpg

Looks like its all from a 89 tz250 so that would be the reverce cylinder jobbie. Its my understanding crank and barrels wil fit straight in/onto a 3ma.

God knows what im gonna do with them? (any ideas) might be good to get some port rubbings from the barrels (might help some 3ma people?). I was told the bike these bits came off was raced at the TT. Infact theres a invoice from Clive Horton Racing Lines of Derby dated 95 with a delivery address of 8 Queens Terrace Douglas!

To be totally honest though the best thing about these bit about this lot is the box from japan with TZ250 on it. Gonna rub it down keeping the writing and wax it and use it to keep all my old bike mags in!

Just been round a chaps house that i see in the pub i drink in. Picked this lot up, he knew i was into my strokers and said he had a load of tz250 bits from his brothers old race bike.

000_0077.jpg

000_0078.jpg

000_0079.jpg

000_0080.jpg

000_0081.jpg

Looks like its all from a 89 tz250 so that would be the reverce cylinder jobbie. Its my understanding crank and barrels wil fit straight in/onto a 3ma.

God knows what im gonna do with them? (any ideas) might be good to get some port rubbings from the barrels (might help some 3ma people?). I was told the bike these bits came off was raced at the TT. Infact theres a invoice from Clive Horton Racing Lines of Derby dated 95 with a delivery address of 8 Queens Terrace Douglas!

To be totally honest though the best thing about these bit about this lot is the box from japan with TZ250 on it. Gonna rub it down keeping the writing and wax it and use it to keep all my old bike mags in!

Let me know if you have any idea what you want for the bits....

what do you have in mind? i mean your going to do what with them? do you race? also what bits were you after?

I would have to have a word with the chap who i got them from after prices etc.

To be totally honest though the best thing about these bit about this lot is the box from japan with TZ250 on it.

Defo! for whatever reason, that box is farking awesome.

Congrats on the deadly find!!

what do you have in mind? i mean your going to do what with them? do you race? also what bits were you after?

I would have to have a word with the chap who i got them from after prices etc.

I've been looking at a '90 TZ250A and a lot of those spares would fit. I'd probably just use it for practice days so it's a good idea to pick up spares if you see them at the right price....

The deal is, i was given these bits by this guy i know so i could use them myself but not knowing what year they were off etc i was a chance i took (if they were the first v twin stuff i would keep them). The story behind these bits is they belonged to my friends brother who raced, he was killed racing not on the tz but another bike and my mate kept them for what im guessing as abit of a memory. Hes going through quite a bad time with a divorce at the moment and needs the space which is why he gave them to me after talking to him about strokers and racing. I know he planned to put the lot on ebay but has more things to worry about.

I was given them through good will and if you were going put them to good use then that would personally be my payment.

Bear in mind that most parts have been used and the barrels would need re-plating, one head has some det damage the other is good. (but at least there there) Ive seen a couple of the gears have wear on them. The loom looks in great nick but i have no way of testing the cdi/powervalve controler, however i have no reason to see why or how then wouldn't be working. Crank seems good but again if its in tollerance i dont know (but again its there). Silencer baffels have rusted but new baffle tube is easy enough to get. Theres some new genuine rings in there aswell as gaskets planty ally sprockets in there some brand fire new renthal jobbies. Ive looked on ebay and a good head on ebay has sold for £59 plus post for a 87 model.

I personally dont want a penny for the stuff (like i said in the topic im happy with the wooden box as abit of "history") however i think the guy who i had them off deserves something for his troubles and great nature. I have an idea in mind for what i think would be a nice gesture for him and its abit more then a drink but not the amount that i could sell the good bits for on ebay.

If its something that interests you then have a think and let me know what you think its worth to you?

Like i said if there going to good use and wont be sold on for profit then it would happy, Ive even thought about making some racing related "art" from the bits for round the house (those barrels and heads would make a great pair of book ends :icon_salut: and the sprockets some sort of piece on the wall) sounds barking i know but i would rather that then someone else profiting from mikes memories of his brother.

The deal is, i was given these bits by this guy i know so i could use them myself but not knowing what year they were off etc i was a chance i took (if they were the first v twin stuff i would keep them). The story behind these bits is they belonged to my friends brother who raced, he was killed racing not on the tz but another bike and my mate kept them for what im guessing as abit of a memory. Hes going through quite a bad time with a divorce at the moment and needs the space which is why he gave them to me after talking to him about strokers and racing. I know he planned to put the lot on ebay but has more things to worry about.

I was given them through good will and if you were going put them to good use then that would personally be my payment.

Bear in mind that most parts have been used and the barrels would need re-plating, one head has some det damage the other is good. (but at least there there) Ive seen a couple of the gears have wear on them. The loom looks in great nick but i have no way of testing the cdi/powervalve controler, however i have no reason to see why or how then wouldn't be working. Crank seems good but again if its in tollerance i dont know (but again its there). Silencer baffels have rusted but new baffle tube is easy enough to get. Theres some new genuine rings in there aswell as gaskets planty ally sprockets in there some brand fire new renthal jobbies. Ive looked on ebay and a good head on ebay has sold for £59 plus post for a 87 model.

I personally dont want a penny for the stuff (like i said in the topic im happy with the wooden box as abit of "history") however i think the guy who i had them off deserves something for his troubles and great nature. I have an idea in mind for what i think would be a nice gesture for him and its abit more then a drink but not the amount that i could sell the good bits for on ebay.

If its something that interests you then have a think and let me know what you think its worth to you?

Like i said if there going to good use and wont be sold on for profit then it would happy, Ive even thought about making some racing related "art" from the bits for round the house (those barrels and heads would make a great pair of book ends :D and the sprockets some sort of piece on the wall) sounds barking i know but i would rather that then someone else profiting from mikes memories of his brother.

Cheers, I'll see if I can figure out which bits will/won't fit and I'll PM you!

Archived