£130 Rennsport streets Vs £230 Michelin Power one

gasman

Hi all, I ride a 2003 R1 which is currently on Pirelli Diabolo Corsa's and will be due for a new pair very shortly.

I fancy the new Power ones but then I saw this deal at Buster's - http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/produ...Offers/Metzeler

Anybody seen any better deals than this on Power one's? http://www.motorcycletyresuk.com/mark/Mich...tm#POWERONEPAIR

Almost all my riding is on road and if i'm lucky I may get the chance of a trackday at Cadwell over the summer, any advice greatly appreciated, Nick. :P

The michelins are a brand new tyre so prices will stay high for a while. Any reason why you havnt priced another set of DIablo's?

I must admit I am quite happy with the Diablo's but like most of us, after a while on the same thing you fancy a change.

Just spied the Diablo's in the Busters suppliment in MCN for £140 with a voucher for another £5.00 off so I think I could be in for another set of those.

I was just wondering whether the extra cash for the Michelins could be justified for the average road rider like me?

I was just wondering whether the extra cash for the Michelins could be justified for the average road rider like me?

You would need to be insane to spend nearly £230 on a set of those when there are alternatives about for half the price!

-John

I've currently got a pair of Rennsports on my track wheels for my Sv1000s.

They are as good as supercorsas in my opinion, having used supercorsas throughout 2007 as I was getting them for silly money from BCT, I know this to be true.

Plus, the street legal rennsports have done almost 1000 road miles plus 3 trackdays (2 at brands GP & 1 at croft) and I'm off to Silverstone Gp tomorrow for my first trackday of 2009. They'll be knackered by the time I get home tomorrow night but I know exactly what my next 130quid is going on for my May trip to the ring.

Pete

Archived