GSXR Top Yoke Nut - Does it fit MINE???

srad34

Hi chaps,

Anyone know of the top of your heads if the K1/2/3 rop toke nut will fit an srad 96-99 bike?

I'm looking for a titanium one really but can only find 'enclosed ones' on tinterweb but Ive just spotted a standard one off a K2 and it looks perfect for what I need.....

Calling all GSXR techies out there........helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

DSCF2693.jpg

DSCF2562.jpg

nut.jpg

srad34

Hi Matt,

What you want is this Gilles titanium nut. Very nice. I've got one for my SRAD top yoke. Er, nearly £50.00 tho...

Picture113.jpg

GIL_ACMLOCKINGNUT_07.jpg

Machined from type TI6ALV4 Titanium

Ultra light weight only 20g

Multifunction areas - Wheel axle, yoke nut, swinging arm pivot

Innovative Pin-Lock design with self-locking feature

Integrated composite washer protects components

What do you think of that then?

Hen's teeth!!!!! £50, trouser tentingly tantastic but on my budget, ur having a laff!

Thanks for the pics mind, I would put this on ur thread as it will induce moisture from many adoring srad fans!

The mudguards on- I chopped out the rear section (ala Ducati guard) and Rich 7/11 did fine work on my caliper brackets, all looking superb, just gonna pick some stainless banjos for the Brembo's and I'm on a roll...coming together at last!

Um, yes, they are a bit expensive, but I also bought one for the swingarm pivot and rear wheel spindle anyway! Ah, what the hell, its only money!

I would think the K1 top yoke nut would fit your SRAD because the Gilles one, like on my SRAD, is only listed for K1 onwards.

Glad you got the caliper brackets sorted out. Only the temperature guage connector to go ,eh. I must admit, I think the supplier of said connector is really taking the piss now. :angry:

Although I'm far from certain, my guess is that loads of suzuki ones will work; the bearing sizes are the same for about 90% of suzukis from way back to now, and unless they taper wildly differently above the bearings then it'd make sense to have them the same.

Archived