K5 WONT FIRE . KEY SYMBOL FLASHING ?

Moriwaki

K5 1000 Wont fire... lads ?

A mate has a K5 Stealth and was running perfect yesterday...this morning spins over as normal...but will NOT fire...not even trying...

will try for spark tomorrow...but any other ideas...bike has not tipped over...will look at fuses too...but where are they ?...mate has been on the phone and says he cant find fuse box...he lives a good distance away and want to go there with a few ideas if possible...any clues lads?...Thanks again to all on this Super site. ;)

Just been told the Key symbol is flashing.

try a different key , it sounds like the immobiliser is not recognising it

+1 on that. Get the manual out and try to resync the key. I have the owners manual at home and can have a look tonight.

+1 on that. Get the manual out and try to resync the key. I have the owners manual at home and can have a look tonight.

a mates did this and he need a new ecu and all the rest... common k5 fault.

try a different key , it sounds like the immobiliser is not recognising it

+1 would say more than likely the immobbilisor......... has the bie been laid up for a while alarm/immobilisoor may hve gone into sleep mode?? ( dont now suzukis )

If the red key light is flashing, it means that the ecu isn't reconising the key, so won't start. Try using the spare key. If that doesn't work, i think the dealer may be able to re-sync the keys with the ecu. Although i could be wrong.

BTW, the fuses are located under the riders seat.

HTH

Archived