My NSR250 mc28se smartcard road/race/track bike

fontyyy

Anyone fancy an NSR250 mc28se, c/w HRC full power smart card, K-Tech goodness, Kato All Japan rep paint job and more kudos than you can shake a large stick at?

then bid on it ;)

That's why I've sold it, MC18 racebike....£1100, mc28 racebike £3000, other mc28 racebike bits (spare wheels etc.) £700.

Spot the difference... just over £2.5k :lol:

All I need now to be in exactly the same position (apart from the £2.5k+ in my pocket) but with an MC18 in place of the MC28 is a rear wheel (for my wet tyre) and a normal paddock stand.

A plan with no drawbacks :icon_salut:

looked even better with rs clothes on. phew, glad your still gonna be racing fontyy. the mc18 is still a beautifully engineered bike and well capable of good power if im not mistaken? also a darn sight cheaper to unleash full power ect. definitly a wise move.

It's running a stock dry clutch mc21 motor, RS pistons, squish (apparently) set for Avgas with RS pipes and an MC18 mk2 PGM-II cdi.

Presuming the compression isn't too high (they don't like it, we found 4 bhp by adding .2 to take mine from .8 up to 1mm with stock combustion chambers) you'd say that's a very good combination, there's no reason it shouldn't make at least as much power as any other basically standard NSR, low 60's bhp. The only slightly suspect item is the RS pipes, the RS revs a lot more than an NSR.

But the bloke I got it from as run a more than respectable 2.05 round Olivers Mount on it so.....

Archived