Vtr 1000 any help please?

fanny_breath

Hi thanks for reading,

I just bought a firestorm 53 plate, it's in great condition apart from a rattle that happens from idle till about 2,500 anywhere after that its clean, can anyone tell me about the cam tentioner? I don't want to change the cam chain but I know any shop I go to will want to rip me a new arse so I'd like to go with a bit of knowledge. if anyone can help me I'd be real grateful

P.S. if you got a nice system on your pc check out my website

Ah yes, is there 2 tensioners, as it's in a V, one for each half? If so, how do you tell which one's knocking? I'm confused...

I had a '99 Firestorm a few years ago. 16000 miles on the clock. Shut the throttle at pretty much flat out in top and it went bang in a very unpleasant way. Camchain tensioner failed, took out several valves. Ouch.

hi had cple storms my self and id suspect cam chain tensioner...get your self over to the firestorm forum they have tons of info on this and fixes..best of luck

Easy peasy to do, usually it's the rear one that "goes" first IME, something to do with lack of oil?...Reasonably cheap from David Silver spares.

Archived