Carb parts

Tomfoolery

Anyone know of some suppliers for carbs parts? Looking for needles and jets, not bothered about a dynojet kit, just OE.

Having carb issues myself, I emailed them last night for a quote and parts so if they are any good I'll let you know.

What's up with your carb?

What's up with your carb?

It's overfilling, I striped it all down and cleaned everything but I think the Float needle needs replacing I don't think its sealing in the chamber cos its letting fuel in when the floats up and its coming out the overflow, its also a bugger to start so I think its flooding the engine at the same time.

Some of the needle valves for mikuni carbs can be ridiculous money so in the past I have re-lapped the needle in with some fine grinding paste. Its worth a try before shelling out loads. I put a bit of carb overflow hose over the needle bit then clamped the other end in a cordless drill and turned it that way. Hope that sorta makes sense....

allens performance used to be amazing, i think the old man allen (who had frightening amounts of knowledge) passed on a few years back, and i have personally found it difficult to get sense out of them since. worth a go because they are the official mikuni importer, so i'm led to believe. bits arnt that dear really - a whole vm44 carb with jets was only 160ish quid, albeit a few years back.

If your diaphragms are worn too then use NRP good guys as well.

Just stuck a link to nrp in the zzr thread Tom :icon_salut:

Archived