Where refurbishes Brembo master cylinders?

Timbo S2

As title, have changed lines, fluids, pads and master cylinder on the trackbike. Bought a second hand Brambo radial master cylinder, looked ok.

Bled system sunday, was going ok. Couldn't get the last bubbles out, so left lever tied back to the bar overnight. Went into garage last night to find reseriour empty, and a puddle of fluid on the floor...

Can't tell if its the master cylinder, or has leaked where the hoses and banjo bolt go into cylinder, though this was tightened to correct torque, with new copper washers etc...

Any advice?

The rebuild kits are quite cheap and not that hard to fit. Being a race item, they are made to be rebuilt fairly easily (and regularly).

Are you sure it's a pukka one? There are knock-offs doing the rounds on Ebay, etc.

The rebuild kits are quite cheap and not that hard to fit. Being a race item, they are made to be rebuilt fairly easily (and regularly).

Are you sure it's a pukka one? There are knock-offs doing the rounds on Ebay, etc.

Pretty sure its genuine, got all the stamps, including ratio on the lever, and quality is good... even lockwired around adjuster...

Any idea where I can get the rebuild kit?

I can't remember their name right now, but if you do a Google search it should come up. I just bought a couple of parts from an online Brembo dealer.

Actually, just seen this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEL-radial-master-cylinder-adaptor-for-Brembo-or-AP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em63Q2el1177QQhashZitem110356605810QQitemZ11

0356605810QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

A hel radial master cylinder conversion kit. I've got Hel hoses, am I being stupid or do I need one of the kits? Might this explain the weeping?

Help!

You need to suss out exactly were the fluid is coming from, dry it all of then have another look.

I noticed on mine that the fluid inlet (the bit the hose from the reservoir connects to on the master) was smaller than std on a jap bike and the std jap hose was loose on it.

You need to suss out exactly were the fluid is coming from, dry it all of then have another look.

I noticed on mine that the fluid inlet (the bit the hose from the reservoir connects to on the master) was smaller than std on a jap bike and the std jap hose was loose on it.

Thanks, I'll double check. Where can you get the correct tube if that proves to be the case?

Actually, just checked and there's still pressure at the lever. If master cylinder was knacked, surely this wouldn't be the case? So leak must be where fluid goes into cylinder from reserviour...

Can I just get a good jubilee clip around this, or will i have to change the little bit of hose?

I've got some clear stuff here that I used on mine it's a real tight fit and needs to be warmed to get on the res.

PM your address and I'll try to get a bit in the post tomorrow.

Have trouble with PM's, I dont seem to be allowed to send them!

Address is Tim Brown, WYG Enigineer, Elliot House, 130 Ber St, Norwich NR1 3AQ.

Thanks a million!

http://www.iane.co.uk/brembo_home.html

for future reference.

Um ... brembo radials have a shallower depth for the banjo bolt ... maybe your banjo is bottoming out before torquing the brake lines on.

The Hel conversion kit is effectively a bolt on that converts the radial outlet from horizontal to vertical so you can still use your old brakelines.

http://www.iane.co.uk/brembo_home.html

for future reference.

Um ... brembo radials have a shallower depth for the banjo bolt ... maybe your banjo is bottoming out before torquing the brake lines on.

The Hel conversion kit is effectively a bolt on that converts the radial outlet from horizontal to vertical so you can still use your old brakelines.

I considered this, though if fliud were leaking from here, wouldn't there be no pressure at the lever? Where can I get these kits cheaper than the £20 from ebay?

I considered this, though if fliud were leaking from here, wouldn't there be no pressure at the lever? Where can I get these kits cheaper than the £20 from ebay?

i bought one of them kits and then found out i didnt need it.

fitted a braking radial m/cyl last weekend and i had a leak like yours, mine too was leakin from the joint.

new pipe from no6 should cure it, good quality cable tie or jubilee clip to secure it.

hopefully will sort it.

i got brembo pipe and clips from pdq. excellent service.

if no6 pipe dont show i have some spare..

I considered this, though if fliud were leaking from here, wouldn't there be no pressure at the lever?

I wouldn't have thought you'd lose a lot of pressure there if it was leaking a tiny bit, especially if you've not actually applied your brakes. Give them a good dry off and then pump the hell out of them, this should show up any leaks. The banjo bit of your brake system would only be under pressure if you've got pressure on the lever. A cable tie round the lever with it on hard while you have a look for leaks might not be a bad idea.

I've been told these people supply Brembo stuff, might be worth a call;

Baines Racing

Unit 14, Silverstone Circuit,

Silverstone,

Towcester,

Northamptonshire

NN12 8TL

Tel: 01327 438000

Hope this helps

Pipe arrived today thanks! Got held at post office for a bit, and admin staff didn't think to tell me!

Will fit tonight, and hopefully be up and running for the weekend! Will let you know if it works (won't forget, promise).

Fixed pipe, together with HEL adjuster kit for Brembo master cylinders last night. Filled with fliud, gave it a quick bleed.

Checked this morning, no drop of level in the reserviour, or evidence of fluid leakage! Will give it all a good final bleed tommorow, first trackday of the year monday!

Thanks Number 6!

Archived