SP1

Rainer

On the way down to Silverstone last week the bike seemed to misfire a couple of times on part throttle at around 5k rpm, then on Friday at Mallory it was doing it a bit more on part and full throttle with a little bit of farting on down changes. Riding through town today it felt really snatchy so I called into the Honda garage on the way home and explained what has been happening. The guy suggested resetting the Power Commander, which I'll do now, as all the rest of the FI systems are sealed units, but on the way home it farted & stalled just as I got to the house on a closed throttle.

Any ideas?

Concerned,

Northampton.

The idle is fine and it's only done 7k, so the plugs should be good. I'll start with the PC then have a look under the tank.

Cheers,

Mark

I plugged the PC3 into the lappy and, as far as I can tell, it had lost the map (or the TPS was out, as Zakalwe suggested) so I stuck another one in for the stock air filters and Akrapovic full system then took it for a spin. Did a few miles trying to make it misbehave but the fueling seemed just as good as it was before the problems.

By Jove, I think we've cracked it :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input Millemille & Zakalwe :beerchug:

And I've been offered a job today :pb2::eusa_dance:

Cheers :eusa_think:

It's the USB. With the ignition on, the zero and 100% throttle positions were in sync before I sent the new map, so I don't know whether that was ok or if it reset itself once connected to the software on the laptop.

Whatever it was, I'm very happy now :eusa_dance:

Cheers :D

It's the USB. With the ignition on, the zero and 100% throttle positions were in sync before I sent the new map, so I don't know whether that was ok or if it reset itself once connected to the software on the laptop.

Whatever it was, I'm very happy now :D

A good day all round...Hoorah

Archived