Setting up FCRs

tootall

Have bought a set of FCRs and factory stacks for the ZX7R, they're jetted for a full on factory motor. Am I going to need loads of dyno time and jiggery pokery to get them to run right? Am I gonna need a big box of different jets,needles and tubes or will I be able to order something right in advance? Allens performance for info/bits?

p1010014.jpg

p1010015.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Setting up Fcr's....

Not as difficult as some would make out....

I have some on the CB1000.... RHRC1187 post in project part of this forum....

there are a couple of very good articles on the net..... Factory web site used to have a very good one.

I have always set mine up using that article.... if you run them on the road, when you set them up then go to a dyno, you will brobably find them running rich.. I dont really worry too much about that as it gets rid of the dead spot, privided athat it's not too rich.

If you want any help drop me a line : Agtrak100@msn.com and I will copy what I have and post you a copy.

a good place place to start if you have not had them from new is take the tops of douse them in WD40 an blow out the crap out of the slides with an air line followed by all the jets that you can get at with out any more over hauling...

??? do your carbs have the adjustable slow air jets....???

The best carbs money can buy....

SteveT

P.S.... if they have come of a race bike .... they are generally set up with a very high tick over and strange bottom end set up as they never run in that area on a race track, so they will probably have a HUGE hole some where... about 5- 6500 RPM... beware of this on the road if you don't sort it... HIGH SIDE CTY .....

SteveT

RHRC

What size are they??

Didn't the 7rr come with flatslides as std? if so that that would give you a good starting point, what airbox are you using?

Are the stacks Kawasaki factory kit or from Factory Pro?

Agtrak, I'll drop you a mail later, cheers.

What size are they??

Didn't the 7rr come with flatslides as std? if so that that would give you a good starting point, what airbox are you using?

Are the stacks Kawasaki factory kit or from Factory Pro?

They're ex Hawk kawasaki kit 41s. Factory kit stacks. Carbon airbox and ram air tubes. Using the bottom of the tank as the top of the box.

IMo they will be difficult to set up properly at anything other than screaming up at the redline on WOT because they flow too much air for a 750 engine in anything other than full race trim.

On the bitsa SRAD, at 812cc and a gnats chuff over 150bhp on BSD's dyno, it gave the best spread of power and throttle response with 39mm FCR's. 41's gave a smidge more top end power but gave a lot away in the midrange...

Sounds like an ass-kicking SRAD.

Agtrak, I'll drop you a mail later, cheers.

They're ex Hawk kawasaki kit 41s. Factory kit stacks. Carbon airbox and ram air tubes. Using the bottom of the tank as the top of the box.

41's are too big for the motor unless its a full factory spec jobbie, which I'm guessing its not. 39's would be the best solution. more midrange and only a couple of bhp at the top end loss compared to 41's...

41's are too big for the motor unless its a full factory spec jobbie, which I'm guessing its not YET. 39's would be the best solution. more midrange and only a couple of bhp at the top end loss compared to 41's...

Fixed for you.

Gonna put the fcrs to one side till I've fitted the +2mm bore kit, kit rods, cams etc. and done some headwork.

Fixed for you.

Gonna put the fcrs to one side till I've fitted the +2mm bore kit, kit rods, cams etc. and done some headwork.

By factory I meant WSB factory, final hawk motors(still in the bikes) single ring pistons, full rebuild every 500miles. Its a good spec motor you're putting together but still not factory spec. 39's would be a better choice but with the 41's they'll give you a 2 stroke feeling top end...... which could be fun.

Archived