Aprilia RSV forks, non ohlins. Any good?

tootall

Got a chance on a set of rsv showas from an '03 model. Are they any good? Main attraction for me is they've got sensible caliper bolt holes so I can get some nice brakes on the ZX7 without going to radial. Would probably (99%) get them rebuilt/revalved anyway.

My mate Kit can lap me at Pembrey using those forks, so they must be great, or is it just that I'm useless? :wtfmore:

Go for it if they are cheap enough - I guess that they are cheaper/easier to service than the "Ohlins" on the RSV Factory. Ring Kickstart Motorcycles in Port Talbot for setup help if you need it.

My mate Kit can lap me at Pembrey using those forks, so they must be great, or is it just that I'm useless? :eusa_think:

Go for it if they are cheap enough - I guess that they are cheaper/easier to service than the "Ohlins" on the RSV Factory. Ring Kickstart Motorcycles in Port Talbot for setup help if you need it.

What and let Charlie near my forks? I was parts manager there before I left the uk so I know them pretty well.

If you are getting them 'breathed' on then go for it...

Hmm mebbe I will then.

Really want a set of Ohlins non radial braked ones so may hang on for them but these aren't too expensive and at least I can have some good brakes.

What and let Charlie near my forks? I was parts manager there before I left the uk so I know them pretty well.

Kit and I were about on a level at trackdays until he took his bike to Charles & his Dad for a set up - now he pisses all over me :eusa_think:

Kit and I were about on a level at trackdays until he took his bike to Charles & his Dad for a set up - now he pisses all over me :wub:

Nahh, I was taking the piss. What Charlie and Paul dont know about racing Aprilias cant be that important. Charles could be/could have been a seriously quick racer but he likes his pies too much. Paul built god knows how many Superteen championship winning RS125 engines. "Interesting" to work for though.

Archived