Nice blue pipe no longer blue....now im feeling blue....:-(

Cibbersicks

Right, ive got an Arrow titanium silencer on my 08 cbr600rr, the titanium link pipe had gone a loverly shade of purply blue. In a heavy cleaning session, i polished the pipe with autosol, and it came up lovely, but unfortunately the blueness has gone. I've probably done around 300 miles since and it hasn't blued up again, i just wondered if anyone knows why it wont come back, if at all. I know it sounds petty but it looked really cool!

Ta

It should come back, it's just an oxide layer that you've rubbed off. Eventually, as it is heated more and more, then the colour will change. The different colours are due to the temp differences.

It should come back, it's just an oxide layer that you've rubbed off. Eventually, as it is heated more and more, then the colour will change. The different colours are due to the temp differences.

As Ifor said, its the oxidisation layer: it will definetly blue up again when you get if hot enough

If you really must have the blue back without turning a wheel, get the old blow torch on the bugger, used to do it on the spannies of my RGV (mild steel). Careful you don't go red hot though cos you'll mess with the titanium.

Jamie

Right, ive got an Arrow titanium silencer on my 08 cbr600rr, the titanium link pipe had gone a loverly shade of purply blue. In a heavy cleaning session, i polished the pipe with autosol, and it came up lovely, but unfortunately the blueness has gone. I've probably done around 300 miles since and it hasn't blued up again, i just wondered if anyone knows why it wont come back, if at all. I know it sounds petty but it looked really cool!

Ta

I do a link pipe blueing service, and since you're a forum member you get 10% discount.

Pipe blueing will commence at 1030 , 29th March at Cadwell Park Open Pit Lane Trackday.

Pipe will be blue by close of play,

Satisfaction gaurenteed.

£ 77.00 minus 10% plus vat

For further info please click www.wellkickyourbikesheadin.org

regards

Mark

I do a link pipe blueing service, and since you're a forum member you get 10% discount.

Pipe blueing will commence at 1030 , 29th March at Cadwell Park Open Pit Lane Trackday.

Pipe will be blue by close of play,

Satisfaction gaurenteed.

£ 77.00 minus 10% plus vat

For further info please click www.wellkickyourbikesheadin.org

regards

Mark

PMSL!!

satisfaction guaranteed you say?? :)

Archived