Micron or Akrapovic

tootall

Got a choice to make.

a. Micron full system mint condition, stainless headers ti silencer, all springs,collars and gaskets. Cheap

b. Akrapovic system stainless headers ti can, missing springs and collars. Not so cheap.

The designer label snob in me says to get the Akra, the rapidly emptying wallet says get the Micron. What do the worthy forumista think?

Nothing wrong with Micron, but for me Akra is the one.

Can you not bid em in the bollocks for the Akra? If they don't bite go for the Micron.

:P

With Micron in receivership you might struggle to get parts if you needed them, for example if you dented a pipe or something, but then it can't be that tricky to find someone who can sort you out a length of pipe.

I'd be tempted to go with the Micron on the basis that everyone's got an Akra. If you're feeling snobby about it when someone asks about the system, just tap the side of your nose, wink and say, "well, the sticker says Micron ..." :D

Nothing wrong with Micron, but for me Akra is the one.

Can you not bid em in the bollocks for the Akra? If they don't bite go for the Micron.

Trouble is the Akra isnt on the bay so no biddingness. Need to find out how much they'll stuff me for a set of springs and collars, but knowing Akrapovic it wont be cheap.

:P

for example if you dented a pipe or something,

Bwahahaha :D

With my record it'll probably look like a smacked about beer can within a couple of months anyway.

Hmmmm thats a point :D

I'd have went for the Akra if it was all there but go for the Micron. It's all there, cheaper, no hassle. No brainer.

No way, micron are shit, everybody knows that, and Akra are awesome, the exhausts of super-heroes, you really really should have one of those. Anyway, where is this micron and how much is it going for? Any links?

Me and Speedy were talking about this the other day. In the end we agreed that any bike pre year 2000 is right for Micron. Anything year 2000 and on is Akra.

It's all about the age/era of the bike.

However, if it for racing, get the Micron and some more entry fees instead of just the Akra. The Akra won't make you go faster, but practice will.

Get the Micron and ask GP to send you some of his Akra stickers - everyone's a winner.

havent had an akra yet, but a couple of microns,they sound excellent, but to go another way had a full blue flame on an zx7 and that beats the lot! but definatley the micron for less hassle

Now normally I'd have gone for the Akra, have had several before and love 'em. Wallet won this time though and now am the owner of a Micron delta system. Same system I had on my old gsxr750 (before I swapped it for an Akrapovic, hmmm)

Am stupidly over budget already on this bike and I'm sure the Micron will do the job for now.

7797_1.JPG

looks pretty good to me,the akra is just a posh way to vent gasses.

+1

Looks the same as the Akra system I had on my 7R.

Looks similar to mine

Newzorst.jpg

Image001.jpg

'kwak scuttles off to the garage to check his zorst is still on the bike'

Still havent dyno'd the bike to fully sort the fuelling but she goes nicely to be fair

:eusa_think:

With Micron in receivership you might struggle to get parts if you needed them, for example if you dented a pipe or something, but then it can't be that tricky to find someone who can sort you out a length of pipe.

I'd be tempted to go with the Micron on the basis that everyone's got an Akra. If you're feeling snobby about it when someone asks about the system, just tap the side of your nose, wink and say, "well, the sticker says Micron ..." :thumbsup:

They will be back...tend to do that quite reqularly. Are TTS owned by the same people?

Yup looks like that.

Hopefully will go alright with these

p1010015.jpg

What rad have you got on yours? Looks mahoosive.

Standard rad as far as I know :wub: , was a bitch getting the fan back on tho with the headers in place even after dropping the rad off its mounts slightly :wub:

You got a pic of your standard rad tootall.....now intrigued.............will swap for your kit rad though :eusa_whistle:

Archived