Need a bolt

Tomfoolery

Wassitoff? :icon_salut:

You may find that a genuine item may not be that expensive, and it may be your only choice as you tend not to get bolts like that off the shelf.

Sorry, chaps, bit stupid of me.

And no, deviant, not quite. It's the bolt that goes through the gear pedal. The shoulder part is worn and there's too much slack for my liking.

Sorry, chaps, bit stupid of me.

And no, deviant, not quite. It's the bolt that goes through the gear pedal. The shoulder part is worn and there's too much slack for my liking.

I doubt it is the bolt that has worn ....................IIRC the gearlever is ally and the bolt in the pic looks ok. so check the lever as well :eusa_whistle:

geniune bolts eg fairing bolts for the r1 are really cheap, like a couple of quid. is the lever moving on the shift shaft? or is that bolt the pivot for the lever? bit of grease might help. unlikely to wear a steel bolt if the lever is ally...

I'd tried a Kawasaki dealer. They wanted £5.75, which I was prepared to pay, but they wanted me to come down in person to pay for it, then again to pick it up. Idiots.

Get a bolt of the correct length, pitch and diameter and put a spacer sleeve over the front of it to mimic the non-threaded part of the bolt.

my local kawasaki(peterborough) are like that i rang them for some parts with the frame and engine number and they wanted me to go in with the same numbers and order in person - went online in the end much easier

Archived