ZX7R - ZXR750 cranks...how do you tell the difference?

halfmanhalfninja

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a ZXR750 (L-model) & a ZX7R (P-model) crank?

Basically, I've got the chance to buy the L crank to drop into my later P model engine (it increases the stroke to take capacity up to 793 - 810cc).

The seller has both cranks but unsure which is which... Are there any numbers etc to look out for?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Carl

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a ZXR750 (L-model) & a ZX7R (P-model) crank?

Basically, I've got the chance to buy the L crank to drop into my later P model engine (it increases the stroke to take capacity up to 793 - 810cc).

The seller has both cranks but unsure which is which... Are there any numbers etc to look out for?

Any help greatly appreciated,

Carl

Get yourself on www.redmonkey.com/7r and ask there.

Have been a member of that site for some time - have posted the question there too but only had sarcasm so far! Thanks anyway

The zx7r has a shorter stroke motor by about 3mm. Measure the distance from the centre to the top; if it's 44.7mm is't zx7r, if it's 47.3, it's zxr750. All info courtesy of the haynes, I've never done it myself and I should imagine it'd be a difficult one to measure in reality.

Iwas gonna try measuring them, but the seller is in lincoln so I d have to go up there to check, rather than receive by post.

However, someone else suggested weighing them - the L crank is 1.2 kg heavier, and the seller confirmed it - the crank he thought was the L, was.

Thanks a lot for your help though mate, much appreciated

Archived