Kawasaki ZX6R J1 (2000) Compatibility Questions

buster

I already know that the j1/j2 is compatible with the A1/A2 (First 636) for bodywork wheels etc, question is though the previous model to the J series, the G1/G2 which if any parts are compatible?

I think the wheels are, and the mudguard/tail unit, also think the lower fairing is the same. Is the the tank a direct fit on a J model?

Reason is I'm looking to get my J1 track prepped (it'll be after Angelsey) and there's more G stuff available that J stuff

Lots of parts swap straight over. Tank does fit, but filler cap holes are different so may need different cap. Switchgear is the same but bars different, mounted above ( different ) yoke and forks on G are longer to account for this. Shock is the same, swingarms fit but different shape from G to J. Wheels and discs swap straight over iirc. If you're thinking of swapping engines around, the rear mounts are different so take a bit of bastardising to fit right. You can fit J ram air tubes into G airbox, and filter is the same as well. Footrest mounting and linkages are identical, same subframe as well but I believe mounting points for ancillaries are a little different. Radiator has the same mounting. Engine management is different too, and ECU's won't swap straight over ( different connectors ). Clocks, mounting bracket and screen braces are different too. You're spot on with lower fairings and seat units, they're a straight swap.

Cheers for that. Just interested in wheels and tank at the mo' will get track fairings for it.

Hi Buster, I think the g has 3.5 and 5 inch wheels with 120 60 17 / 170 60 17 tyres, the j deffo has 3.5 and 5 's taking 120 70 17 and 180 55 17 tyres. .

G shocks are not the same, but they fit. Maxton do a spring and valve overhaul for about 170 quid, hagon springs and oil work wonders with the j front end, down pipes off the g fot, and I believe they are slightly different and give a little more mid range.

J discs warp on track, pro lites from ebc with hh pads work super well on these bikes with braided lines.

pm me if you need any more info

Mark

Archived