Tire problems

mhuot181

I need the resourses of the collective........ Rebuilding an 1987 tzr250, looking for tires. On the bike right now there are 110/80-17 front, 120/80-17 rear, both Bridgestone BT-45. I wanted to put in 110/70-17 front, 130/70-17, pirelli, sport demons. Will they fit ???? Lowing the profile, will it make a difference? thanks for your time. cheers

Apart from Bt45s being a bit shit why do you want to change?

I don't know the Pirellis so can't say on them.

A lower front profile will leave you with a shallower tread profile which will possibly be a more nervous/twitchy front more - than ^, IYSWIM.

WRT to the rear, bear in mind different manufacturer sizes can be different from what you may expect - back in the 80s Michelin recommended a '140' section rear for the NS400 that ran a 110 as std, because the bead and sidewall construction allowed it to fit the rim, yet in more recent years others have been shown to produce OEM 190s that were the same width as std-spec 180s.

Oh. "Tyre", innit?

:P

Dave

The bridgestones are finished. The rating on the tires isn't very inpressive either. The Pirellis have a better record.

The bike came with OEM 100/80-17 front, 120/80-17 rear. Those are hard to find or you find old stock which the supllier doesn't know or want to tell you the manufacturing date. OLD TIRES ARE DANGEROUS. I've looked on the net, hard to tires of these dimensions. If anyone knows, which manufactuer sells new tires of those sizes, I'd love to know.

cheers

The stock TZR sizes quoted are hard to find in anythign decent.

I doubt you can get Alpha10s in those sizes - like I said for the nS, you're stuck with BT45s.

There might be some Dunlop K-series race tyres available..

But it's tyre, with a 'y', here if you want to ask owt more off me.... Yes I *am* being an arse. 'Tires'? No. Don't know. Spell it proper and I'll try to help more, innit?

Dave

Archived