2T's at Trackdays

RGV_Gary

How many people are still regularly running two-strokes at trackdays? A few of us at trackdayriders are but not seen many out there last year (my first year trackdaying - though managed 22 of them)

I've just picked up an RGV250M and hope to see a few people to play with this year.

Cheers

Gary

How many people are still regularly running two-strokes at trackdays? A few of us at trackdayriders are but not seen many out there last year (my first year trackdaying - though managed 22 of them)

I've just picked up an RGV250M and hope to see a few people to play with this year.

Cheers

Gary

Im a regualar at croft but since it's uncertain about croft looks like il be travveling the country, iv got a aprilia rs 125 btw

Still see a few 2t's at trackdays. Plenty Aprilia RS250's about.

I have used my TZR250 3xv at Knockhill a couple of times. Get murdered on the straight and get em back in the corners.

The only one's I've seen at Kirkistown are race bikes, usually Honda RS125's and 250's, the odd TZ, an Aprillia 125 with a reverse cylinder and even an old TZ350.

in 2 days in angelsey last year th only ones I saw were 2 TZR250 race bikes.

Wasn't really wondering if anyone had seen them, more if anyone here rides one :ph34r:

I've an 84 powervalve I'm slowly putting back on the road.

I dont think i'll be tracking it tho!!

I've been the only guy on a stroker a couple of times and been one of only two or three several times. Which is odd, they're cheap to buy, very easy to fix and loads of fun on the track.

The NSR forum has run a couple of two stroke only days at Llandow and a couple of posters from the RGV forum got virtually an entire trackday full of strokers last year at Cadwell, that was a good one, didn't see a yellow or red flag all day either and maybe compared to what some of you think there was surprising lack of breakdowns. But in all honesty if you look after them, strokers are fine and 90% of potential problems can be avoided on a track only bike by not running it on normal unleaded petrol.

I've missed zero trackdays (and "only" 2 race laps which was just a precaution as something didn't feel quite right) in a couple of years of running my racebike.

at the PB cadwell track day, we had 11 KR1's

LotsaKRs.jpg

One blew up;

102_0507.jpg

and one went down;

oops.jpg

a few RGV's , RS250's and a very nice 500 gamma with GSXR running gear;

Quite well represented actually

I take the TZR 3XV out as and when I get the chance:

DSC_0686.jpg

and even the old Perverse Cylinder gets to go out sometimes:

ALX_8199.jpg

Being led over the mountain at Cadwell by a mate here.

Never taken my R6 on the track and probably never will. It's a lardy old bus compared to the strokers...

Me on my RGV at the SATT 2-Stroke Trackday (Details in events section). I'm hoping that my rgv will get one (or 2) trackdays a month throughout the summer this year.

ALX_7578.jpg

Ah yes the joys of two-stroke ownership. All part of the fun :eusa_whistle:

Wasn't really wondering if anyone had seen them, more if anyone here rides one :icon_puke_r:

dont do trackdays atm but will be racing this year on a kr1/s based 250. cant beat the rush from a tuned stroker then the nimblness through the twisty's. also have a tuned powervalve with the usual 17' wheel ect mods.

I'm hoping to get this old shitter out at some point this year, as soon as i can fit in me leathers again.

Aintree2001.jpg

me on my rgv at the satt trackdaylast year

ALX_5597.jpg

did a couple on this last year too, including the 90's day at cadwell

post-5197-1223133383_thumb.jpg

Sold both and just finishing off a nsr rebuild which will also be getting regular use at trackdays, cadwell already booked and i'm going to do a couple at mallory also

• 2 weeks later...

Got to admit not seen to many at Brands over recent years, maybe 1 or 2 every few visits.

Their was an auld fella with the an RGVr 250 who would come along and a tall lad with a tzr250 (03,04 model) which was just lovely and so fucking small!

Oh and their was a fella who'd brought along a project bike a powered by a 500 (and something) snowmobile engine but he kept breaking down. The young lad who was testing it for him said it was just wheelying in every gear, wheelied out of pit lane, wheelied down paddock hill, just was a complete beast. Sounded lovely though.

I might try and see if I can find him out on the web..........

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I do the odd trackday on my rgv

III_2136.jpg

but have an nsr250 that I'm hoping to race next year so in the process of 'pimping' it up ;)

im doing the PB trackday (may 24th?) on that sunday its 90's bikes, but ive never done any track stuff before so im a proper novice rookie whatever - just kinda wondering if anyone has any advice about stuff i wont have thought about ? like taping lights, removing numberplates - what tyres pads etc etc etc etc !!!! is anyone else going for that day ? cheers ,

sam

Tape up your front and rear lights because i find it distracting looking at someone else braking because i start braking, and aslong as there the right tyres for your bike and get them checked by the tire man on the day (hopefully there is one) he'll decrease the pressure on the tyres because on track there hotter ect. and aslongas the pads are within the right limit they'll be fine.

Going on the track for the first time is scary no materr how good of a rider you are, dont go too fast too soon dont push yourself i enjoy being at the back anyway lets me ride with a clear track (must be why i love my rs so much).

But yeah me and my son will be on track this year il be on my gsxr and he'll be on his RS tho any other 125's on track watch out for his weapon serriously!

Archived