suzuki/kwak brake swaps

lorenzo

As part of secret project x I'm looking at brake solutions. X comes currently fitted with Tokico 6 pots, the notorious ones fitted to zx7r's and srad 750's etc. I've read elsewhere that they're a straight swap for the 4 pots off an srad 600, which would be good if I could find any of the bloody things, but they seems to be in fairly short supply on the bay, but there's a fair few for k1 and k2 gixer 600's. Are these the same? Any others that'll fit? Other brands? Any suggestions for a master cylinder size, especially if I like a firm lever with not much travel, almost a bit too sharp?

Do all of the rebranded triumph calipers fit? there's loads on ebay for not that much money at the moment. 955's, 600TT's etc.

dodgy_tom will know, he's an expert in these matters (and told me about the Daytonas).

I can measure up the one outside if you can find some measurements for the other Triumphs.

They'll take a bit of sorting, wont they??

Could they not disappear under the cover of darkness some night?

They certainly will. It'll be a bit of a mission getting them off in the first place, but they could live again, I reckon.

And no, people have already tried to convince be to steal the whole bike...

To be honest, by the state of them I'd rather just spend £30 on ebay getting some tidier ones, but it's good to know that they fit.

I'd want it to break, the wheels (if not fucked, the tyres are still inflated so haven't rusted through, if they're steel that is) are worth around £80ish. I'd enjoy it.

Pah, you're way behind the times, Zak. The 750's going if all comes to plan. the ZZR will live in a couple of weeks and the GS is long gone (although I do still have the exhaust).

Archived