Noisey camchain on ZZR6

Tomfoolery

It rattles like a bastard at low revs, then smoothes out. I believe this is symptomatic of a fucked camchain/tensioner?

Is it worth replacing/cleaning/resetting the tensioner rather than diving straight in for the chain? It has done an awful lot of miles...

:D

erm, yes, that is quite a few miles alright.

Sure if you're going that far into it you may as well change the chain, but then again if its not broken and you plan on selling the bike anyway, do you want to spend money on it?

I'd certainly have a tackle off the tensioner and see how it sounds after that

I don't really want to sell the bike. It was NumberOne's from new in 1993, and would like to hang onto it. Plus, it's a cracking little bike.

I'll arse around with the tensioner, first, then.

*consults Haynes*

I don't really want to sell the bike. It was NumberOne's from new in 1993, and would like to hang onto it. Plus, it's a cracking little bike.

Ah I see, if it has sentinental value the she's a keeper. I thought you were floging everything to raise a few quid for the GS.

Not many people want to buy a 16 year-old unpopular bike with shit fuelling and 130k on the clock.

The 7R will go, though.

Not many people want to buy a 16 year-old unpopular bike with shit fuelling and 130k on the clock.

That did dawn on me too.

If you're looking for something to do to raise a few quid for the GS, you could do worse than buying that Daytona next door and cleaning it up to sell, or else breaking it.

Tried that, he seems reluctant to sell to me. Last I heard, he was giving it to his mate who has another Daytona for parts. If I see him again, I'll offer him money. I want it.

dont lots of daytonas fry their alternators?Anyways-to the point,can you not whip the cam cover off the zzr and check the cam sprockets alignment marks to see chain wear?also you could remove the tensioner and manually hold tension to hear the difference.

Archived