two stroke oil

ringdingtim

Hi,i accidently went on ebay and won a rgv with a ypvs motor ,what oil should i use ?I currently use castrol synthetic in my rgv250 ,any recommendations welcome.

as him says above...in 2 strokes always use the bestest most expensive 2t oil you can...much cheaper than constant rebuilds caused by lack of decent lubrication and ending up in exploded internals...smells nice too

ive found silkolenes top stuff, pro comp its like 15 quid a litre, to be the best

used it fine on my old racer and my rgs and rgv

brother used castrol tts in his race bike and it shat itself and it was castrol stuff that murdered my scooter

pro2 all the way. dont trust anything else. Failing that, go in the shop and ask for the most expensive 2t oil they have...

pro2 all the way. dont trust anything else. Failing that, go in the shop and ask for the most expensive 2t oil they have...

that wont always get you the best by just throwing money at it..

i used to use Sil 7 fully syn in my old KR1-S never had a problem

shame i cant find it any more :eusa_think:

My tuner recommended using castrol A747 in my TZ, thats a pretty stressed engine. Although that was premix which tends to be more viscious. Always used to use Silkolene Pro 2 in my KR1S

Chip fat . assuming its not tuned too buggery almost any oil will do . the performance of most modern oils far surpass those that were available and recomended back in the 80's . fully synthetics will cause less carbon deposits , mineral oils smell better , chip fat will get the fatties after you .

I was bidding on that!!! Have you picked up yet? What needs finishing etc??

Soz God,yes ive picked it up,ive wanted something like this for ages so i jumped at it.The basic conversion looks ok ,the engine cradle and brackets ect seem to have been done well,bodywork is tatty though so may have to spray it up.I will strip it down and go thru it front to back,motor sounds nice and crisp so claims of a recent rebuild may actually be true !Sadly ive got to part with my rgv250 vj21 to pay for it as ive also got an exup and i cant afford 3 bikes .I will eventually post some pics of it ,ime a bit thick when it comes to this stuff.

Archived