Z1000 standard exhaust mods

Calum452

Got a spare set of standard cans for my Z thou off a mate who chopped them in half, like the look of them and am trying to save a few pennies (credit crunch and all that). So i made up some baffles for each individual can and cut open the Y piece and removed the CAT, thought it would sound good but its far too loud and sounds like its got no silencer at all! Any suggestions how to quieten it down?

I tried getting some washers made up at work to reduce the size of the outlet from the Y Piece but it made bugger all difference. Im thinking its the Y Piece making all the noise and debating either cutting it open again and sticking a pipe in to try and reduce the amplification effect or just cutting a few slots in and welding in some plates to deflect the gasses/noise and try and quieten it down. Anybody got any experience modifying exhausts???? Any tips?? :D work for an engineering company so can get s/s welding done no probs.

I doubt it's the y piece unless it is blowing if you have not wrapped any wadding around the inner baffles then you will need to kill the sound

The baffles are packed with as much wadding as i can fit in them! was just thinking it would be the Y piece as its now just and open area like a resonator (not that i know much about resonators) Earplugs would be a good idea if i didnt live next door to a traffic cop and leave for work at 6:30 am!

Archived