916 Front end into a Cagiva Mito

cagimaha

Im currently gathering some bits together to put a 916 front end into the mito350 and have a couple of questions. As far as I know mito discs are the same as the ones from the ducati (according to EBC anyways). A pair of ducati discs is a bit too expensive for a poor impoverished student such as myself so I was wondering if there was anything stopping me buying another mito disc (cos theyre cheap and easy to get hold of) and putting it on the other side of the wheel? Now EBC list the discs as a handed pair (i.e. a left and a right) but I cant see what difference there can be between them.

Also all the other conversions I have seen using this front end have used the yokes from the ducati. The forks fit straight through the bottom mito yoke and the top yoke is only slightly too small. Is there any reason why I cant get the top yoke bored out slightly to make em fit?

Any help/snide comments much appreciated. Cheers, Ben.

http://www.mito350.tk/the best way is to fit the mito head stem to fit the duc bottom yoke.

or you can shorten the duc head stem by cutting it in half take out what needs to be taken out and weld it back together again.

then there is a bearing problem, there is no bearing that will fit, only if you take out 2mm in diameter out of the inner part of the headstock.then there is a bearing that will fit.

good luck :unsure:

Thanks for that one, I bought the engine mounts off Anand. I'm on a mega tight budget though and have access to a milling machine and a spare mito top yoke so I'd rather try this way first. Ducati yokes aren't exactly cheap, I was just wondering why nobody else has tried to machine the mito yokes rather than use the ducati ones. There isnt that much that needs taking off, the only major hassle is that the mito yokes has the clip-ons integral where the ducati uses clip-ons that mount below the yoke. I reckon i could take that bit off with a milling machine without too much hassle though. Anyone ever done such mods before?

as far as i can remember(best double check though)if you use the modded mito yokes and 916 forks,you won't be able to fit the 916 front wheel,but you can use the mito wheel and single disc setup,the width between the forks is narrower on the mito.

i have a friend who has done the same(mito yokes,916 forks and mito wheel)on his turbo'd cb500 engined mito,seems to work fine....

i have a mito bottom yoke at home and i will check it against my set up(rs forks and bottom yoke,916 top yoke)

Ahh that would explain it then! Id been told that the yokes were identical in all but the stem and the diameter of the top yoke. Looks like im gonna be on the lookout for some yokes as well then. Anyone know about the discs though? Thanks for the help, Ben.

Planning somehing similar myself when funds allow. i have the mito and some ducati forks. once i get time to strip the bike down i'll be looking for the rest of the parts so will be interesting to see what you come up with.

havent decided on a engine yet, was gunna go the 350 route but those engines are getting damm expensive.

Ive got the forks and the wheel but until the next installment of the student loan comes through after easter lack of funds means that I cant really afford any brake components or yokes. The plan is to fit the forks using the mito wheel, brakes and modified yokes. I also need to stump up some cash to register the thing too. I know what its like to be doing this sort of thing on a budget.

As far as sourcing an engine goes Im supposedly on a restricted lisence so I bought a 250LC engine for €180 delivered, then I came across a tuned 350 top end and some pipes and some flatslide carbs and I think the total came to around £220. None of it is mint but it should perform alright. And ive still got the 250 top end to flog at some point. The only thing I will say is that if you go down the LC route as opposed to the powervalve then the fitting kits made by Anand need a file taking to em to clear the clutch cover. Its not a massive hassle but it did take me a little while to work out why it didnt want to fit. If theres anything I can do to help then let me know and ill do my best. Cheers, Ben.

Archived