Dymags

tootall

Most things are do-able it's just time and money you have to weigh up.

Do you have the wheels already?

If the bearings are different sizes you can have a collar made or look at bigger bearings, different off sets can be accommodated.

My Dymags were originally off a gsxr1000k2 and I wanted to fir them in a '97 bandit swing arm which in turn was in a 82 Suzuki Katana frame and a front end that consisted of gsxr750k4 forks and 954 fireblade yokes, However when I called Dymag they were the most unhelpful shower of shit I'd ever come across and told me absolutely pointblank it couldn't be done, not even a discussion.

However when I called Dymag they were the most unhelpful shower of shit I'd ever come across and told me absolutely pointblank it couldn't be done, not even a discussion.

I recently acquired a dymag front wheel for the R1, it came off an R6 of the same vintage and was already fitted with PFM iron discs.

As it was on ebay and not local, I spoke to Dymag before I bought it and they couldn't have been more helpful.

here it is on the R6

dymag1.jpg

and know fitted on the R1

IMG_0147.jpg

The chap I spoke to was great and very knowledgeable. let us know the outcome...

Maybe I caught them on an off day, but it certainly put me off using them in the future.

Or perhaps I have a natural knack for rubbing people up the wrong way :eusa_whistle:

I put my SRAD dymags on my zxr 750 k1, just needed different spacers made up, and the sprockets lined up. Easy for me being a Toolmaker! Dymag prob don't want to help because of ;

1 legal reasons- dont want to be sued when you dont fit the wheels properly and have an accident and then blame them.

2 Money- they may rather sell you a brand new pair of wheels that fit your bike!

Paul

Archived