Nissan R35 GT-R Vs Ducati 1098

funkyphil

I don't think that was a fair test, the track was still quite wet which would favour the car and i'm sure Rob Hoyles can do better than a 1.44, even i've done 1.40 round Cadwell and i've only been there twice and i know Rob Hoyles is quicker than me, its fixed i'll tells yah. Even Couch can manage low 1.40 ffs and he'll tell you himself he's slow :)

Any test organised by a car mag is gonna show the car in the best light. Just like a bike mag would no doubt rig it to favour the bike... Still, nice clip though

I agree, why not use a new fireblade on a nice and warm summers day.

I don't think a fireblade with its rubber hoses and budget suspension would lap any quicker, they should've used Jenny woshertits on her cbr 600 that would've shown em.

I don't think a fireblade with its rubber hoses and budget suspension would lap any quicker, they should've used Jenny woshertits on her cbr 600 that would've shown em.

me and Jenny are friends o facebook (which means I can root through all her photos) :eusa_think:

Hoyles was sandbagging. Being a freelancer he'll do whatever the editor tells him, and they tried to make it look close

• 2 weeks later...

Looked a bit suss to me.

I can understand that the cars gonna be better under braking but the bike wasn't using all the track and looked to be sandbagging a bit going over the mountain the first time with the wheel up in the air for far too long.

The distance he made on the car at the end of the video just shows how much the car had to make up so multiply that distance/ time along the main straight and the back straight and that alone should have been enough to keep the car behind.

Didn't Tiff Needell and JT have a run around Cadwell a couple of years ago and JT come up trumps?

Pete

*scrap that JT and Tiff video was shite also*

Archived